Nvidia TNT2 Ultra support?

Post by Don » Mon, 01 Jan 2001 13:48:36

I saw on the XFree86 HCL that the TNT is supported, but does this include
the TNT2 Ultra?  Has anyone had any luck with one of these cards with
FreeBSD?

Nvidia TNT2 Ultra support?

Post by Chris Leah » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 15:15:42

TnT2 Ultra Works fine. Same chip as TnT2 just a higher clock speed.

> I saw on the XFree86 HCL that the TNT is supported, but does this include
> the TNT2 Ultra?  Has anyone had any luck with one of these cards with
> FreeBSD?

Nvidia TNT2 Ultra support?

Post by Pat McCan » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 16:14:16

> I saw on the XFree86 HCL that the TNT is supported, but does this include
> the TNT2 Ultra?  Has anyone had any luck with one of these cards with
> FreeBSD?

According to my Xfree86 4.0.1 /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/Status the Ultra is
supported by 3.3.6 and 4.0.1.  The latter is running my Vanta-based
no-name card just fine on Linux, thank you.  The doc doesn't mention a
problem with anything on FreeBSD but that might be documented elsewhere.
Some time spent at www.xfree86.org might help, but I've found their docs
are out of date sometimes too.

What is "XFree86 HCL"?

Nvidia TNT2 Ultra support?

Post by jmco.. » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:38:27

>> I saw on the XFree86 HCL that the TNT is supported, but does this include
>> the TNT2 Ultra?  Has anyone had any luck with one of these cards with
>> FreeBSD?
>According to my Xfree86 4.0.1 /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/Status the Ultra is
>supported by 3.3.6 and 4.0.1.  The latter is running my Vanta-based
>no-name card just fine on Linux, thank you.  The doc doesn't mention a
>problem with anything on FreeBSD but that might be documented elsewhere.
>Some time spent at www.xfree86.org might help, but I've found their docs
>are out of date sometimes too.
>What is "XFree86 HCL"?

Hardware Compatibility List . . .

jmc
 With Servers In California, Texas And *ia - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

1. Leadtek S320 II Ultra (TNT2 Ultra), Redhat 7.1, and Nvidia Driver problem

I have a Leadtek S320 II Ultra (TNT2 Ultra) running under Redhat 7.1 with
kernel 2.4.2.  If I use the XFree driver, everything works fine.  But
whenever I switch to the Nvidia driver (any version), a green rectangular
box appears on the right corner of the screen if the resolution is greater
or equal to 1024x768.  Redhat 7.1 is a clean installation.  The monitor
works on any other computer.  And the graphic card works with any driver
under any os except the Nvidia driver under Redhat 7.1.  Does anybody have a
suggestion to what might have caused this?  Thanks!

2. Kernel source file missing?

3. nvidia tnt2 ultra

4. Linux hangs on startup

5. kernel 2.4.6 + nvidia riva tnt2 + nvidia driver + system freeze

6. Shared Lib error

7. Dual headed with Nvidia GeForce4 (MX420) AGP + Nvidia TNT2 PCI

8. Making your own ISO Image. and updating Gentus to RH7 (or any other rpm based distro)

9. Xwindows support for nVidia TNT2

10. X startup and nvidia TNT2

11. nVidia TNT2 M64, Voodoo 3 3500 or Creative Annihilator Pro?

12. NVIDIA Riva TNT2 questions

13. SVGATextMode and nvidia TNT2 ??