Conner QIC-80 "floppy" tape drive

Post by Tom Everet » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

    Is this device still supported under FreeBSD 4.0?  The FreeBSD
Handbook says the kernel will detect it as "Conner tape" but I don't see
that message on boot up.  Perhaps I don't have the right devices enabled
in my "GENERIC" kernel?  Any help would be appreciated.

Conner QIC-80 "floppy" tape drive

Post by Darren Wieb » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

Sorry, it does not work anymore.  However if you would like to add support
again, I'm sure that many people would love you for it.

Darren Wiebe

>     Is this device still supported under FreeBSD 4.0?  The FreeBSD
> Handbook says the kernel will detect it as "Conner tape" but I don't see
> that message on boot up.  Perhaps I don't have the right devices enabled
> in my "GENERIC" kernel?  Any help would be appreciated.

1. HELP!!! Conner QIC-80 tape drive setup

I have a Conner QIC-80 tape drive and am trying to set it up to work
with taper. I have inserted module for paride but have been
unsuccessful finding the right protocol and driver. Also what
parameters do I use to mknod the devices. Is the fact that I have not
'mknod'ed the devices yet part or all of the problem?

Can anyone help with this setup problem?

2. Single Disk File Server?

3. Trouble getting ftape to work properly with DJ-20 (QIC-80) floppy tape drive

4. Non-root PPP connection - THANKS !

5. wanted information on QIC-40/QIC-80 tape drives.

6. How can I serve additional page

7. QIC-80 tape floppy I/F implementations

8. How to rebuild X Server

9. QIC-80 Floppy based Tape support?

10. QIC-80 Tape backups (w/Floppy controller) of OS/2 HPFS

11. ComByte Doubleplay floppy/QIC-80 Drive Question

12. Qic-80 Tape Drive, $160

13. help with trakker QIC-80 tape drive connected at printer port