Post by John Ora » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone loaded FreeBSD onto "genuine" Banyon server?

We just got a pair of these from a companies "s*pile".  - circa 1988
= 80386-20 and a circa 1990 = 80486-33 - no manuals were to be avail
with the units.

They both boot to the place where you are supposed to have a Banyon OS
"key", which did not come with either computer. They both have Ethernet
NIC card, but no CD disk. They have SCSI hard drives and and no video,
just a terminal port.

Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated.

If you wish you can contact me via private email.

John Oram

Post by freebie_new.. » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

If you like to save time reading hardware doc, just boot the machines with
BSD floppies and you will see where you are.  But you need a monitor first
to see the messages I guess.