hdd input/output error

Post by Aj » Tue, 06 Oct 1998 04:00:00

My system crashed the ohter day from a power outage etc.. and now I got a
hdd thats really messed up I think.

Here is what I get in my /var/log/messages file when I attempt to mkdir:

    wd1c: hard error reading fsbn 327792 of 327792-3
    27807wd1: status 59<rdy,seekdone,drq,err> error 1<no_dam>

And on the console I get mkdir: Input/OUtput error

--

I did use bad144 to scan for bad sectors and it did (i think) mark all the
bad clusters. But also to note, I do get a "bad sector table corrupted"

Thanks for any input.

1. Setial Port Error "Input/output error"

My modem (on ttyS1) was working fine for dial-up PPP w/ RedHat 6.1's RC3
program.

One time when I was trying to hang up, the modem stayed online.
After rebooting, the programs that use the modem all return "Input/output
error"

Is there some way for me to manually reset the serial port?  Any idea as
to what is wrong?

2. RBAC? Does it work well?

3. Install Problems: Error mounting /dev/wcd0c on /dist: Input/output error (5)

4. Cannot Create /var/adm/utmp Please Help

5. pppd error - tcgetattr: Input/output error(5)

6. xvnews rews reader - problem compiling

7. the error is an input/output error"

8. mail and elm

9. Error:: write: warning: Input/output error (5)

10. tar error - Input/output error

11. PPP error msg "tcgetattr: Input/output error"

12. awk-outputting input line in specified output line

13. Input/Output error when using setserial while trying to set up modem need help