installing ports under FreeBSD 3.1

Post by Tom Schoutede » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I downloaded kirc as a port...

know in the directory  I installed it to contains the following:

Makefile
/files
/patches
/pkg

How Do I compile & install it ? I know 'make install' doesn't work...

Thanks

--

Datacrew Network
It's devilish!

Post by Tom Huki » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>I downloaded kirc as a port...

>know in the directory  I installed it to contains the following:

>Makefile
>/files
>/patches
>/pkg

>How Do I compile & install it ? I know 'make install' doesn't work...

If you've got everything set up properly, "make install" will work.
In what way did it not work?

kirc depends on other ports, so you may need to grab those ports'
skeletons and install them, if you don't have them already.

All this in covered in the "Ports Collection" section of the
Handbook at <http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ports.html>. If you're
still stuck after reading that, than ask again here.

Regards,
Tom

Post by Kenneth Furg » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> know in the directory  I installed it to contains the following:

> Makefile
> /files
> /patches
> /pkg

Good.

Quote:> How Do I compile & install it ? I know 'make install' doesn't work...

It should work.  What exactly is your error?

- K.C.