Odd telnet problems from RELEASE 3.1

Post by Keith Newto » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
           I am having the most curious problem with Telnet and I have
no idea of what's going one.
If I type in telnet localhost I get back the login prompt and password.
I can enter those details in fine, but then I get the following

NO LOGINS: System going down at 12:00

Does anyone know what is going on, my machine has been up 4 days now and
12:00 has been and gone, no system shutdown has occurred.

If it is any help, this problem began with my upgrade to RELEASE 3.1

Please help, Thanks Keith

Odd telnet problems from RELEASE 3.1

Post by Billy Bob Schulho » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I had this problem.  I think it results from an interrupted shutdown.
Look for a file /var/run/nologin.  I think this is just a touched file
to signal all services not to let anybody on.  Just remove this file.

HTH

Rob