gnome config question

Post by Gene Harri » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I am attempting to run gnumeric (a gnu spreadsheet).  The program is looking
for a fontmap file in my home directory.  I have looked high and low for
some information on the structure of this file and I cannot find it.  If
anyone has some experience with gnome and the file fontmap, I would greatly
appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Gene Harris
Tetron Software, LLC

gnome config question

Post by Gene Harri » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Thanks Chris.

I was hoping to just install a fontmap file.  *grin*

Did you run into any compile issues?

Gene

> > I am attempting to run gnumeric (a gnu spreadsheet).  The program is
looking
> > for a fontmap file in my home directory.  I have looked high and low for
> > some information on the structure of this file and I cannot find it.  If
> > anyone has some experience with gnome and the file fontmap, I would
greatly
> > appreciate some help.

>    Totally destroy your GNOME install.  Make sure cruft in
> /usr/local is no longer there from any GNOME install.
> Recompile everything from GLIB on up to the GNOME stuff.
> Reinstall.  Then install Gnumeric again.

>    I spent a week figuring that out.

gnome config question

Post by Chris Costell » Sat, 09 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I am attempting to run gnumeric (a gnu spreadsheet).  The program is looking
> for a fontmap file in my home directory.  I have looked high and low for
> some information on the structure of this file and I cannot find it.  If
> anyone has some experience with gnome and the file fontmap, I would greatly
> appreciate some help.

   Totally destroy your GNOME install.  Make sure cruft in
/usr/local is no longer there from any GNOME install.
Recompile everything from GLIB on up to the GNOME stuff.
Reinstall.  Then install Gnumeric again.

   I spent a week figuring that out.

gnome config question

Post by Chris Costell » Sat, 09 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> Thanks Chris.
> I was hoping to just install a fontmap file.  *grin*
> Did you run into any compile issues?

   Nope, it all worked once I deleted everything and
reinstalled.

Quote:> Gene

1. gnome-config question

HI!!!

I'm trying to compile a gnome applet (because
I'd like to see an example applet). Configure
can't seem to find a library 'gdkpixbuf'. Also
gnome-config doesn't seem to know it (when I
run gnome-config without arguments, a list of
installed libraries is shown, but gdkpixbuf is
not among them.) However, when I check with
rpm -q, the library does seem to be installed,
(version later than the required version) and
the library files are also in the /opt/gnome/lib
directory. So, what should I do to make this
lib known to gnome-config?

best regards

jos

2. minicom help

3. RH8 Gnome config question

4. Kernel compilation

5. Another Gnome config question...

6. Programming Question

7. Gnome Config Questions

8. Solaris 8 USB SmartDisk

9. gnome-config w gnome

10. gnome-config for SPARC Solaris 8 gnome 2.x

11. Gnome & Enlightenment Config Question

12. Gnome Desktop Config question.

13. 7.0 config questions: monitor resolution, font, X-system, Gnome, Midnight Commander, fstab