Apache: POST not implemented

Post by Dannym » Mon, 02 Sep 1996 04:00:00

        Okay, Apache is still giving troubles.

        When I go to use the document
http://arh0061.urh.uiuc.edu/~dannyman/feedback.html and click the "submit"
button, using Matt's Script Archive FormMail.pl, lynx returns the following;

POST to /~dannyman/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl not supported.

        The script is set to executable, and works just fine on the
similiarly-configured http://www.enteract.com/~dannyman/feedback.html
apache server ...

        Righto, contents of access.conf ...

<Directory /usr/local/www/cgi-bin>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/www/data>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
XBitHack Full
AddHandler cgi-program .cgi
AddHandler cgi-program .pl
</Directory>

# <Limit GET POST>
# order allow,deny
# allow from all
# </Limit>

<directory /home/*>
Options All
AllowOverride All
XBitHack Full
</directory>

        If I leave in the <Limit> bits, I get syntax errors at startup
saying that order and allow are not permitted there.

        Any suggestions welcome! TIA1

--
=====///====================================================================

\\\///=========HOME PAGE! http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/djhoward ==============
=\XX/A1200==================================================================
                            EnterAct is number One!

Apache: POST not implemented

Post by Brian Backla » Tue, 03 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>    Okay, Apache is still giving troubles.

>    When I go to use the document
>http://arh0061.urh.uiuc.edu/~dannyman/feedback.html and click the "submit"
>button, using Matt's Script Archive FormMail.pl, lynx returns the following;

>POST to /~dannyman/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl not supported.

I have both GET and POST methods working on Apache.  The entries in my
access.conf are:

<Directory /usr/local/www/cgi-bin>
Options Indexes ExecCGI
</Directory>

<Directory /export/home/*>
Options Indexes ExecCGI IncludesNOEXEC
AllowOverride All
<Limit GET POST>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Limit>
</directory>

Cheers Brian

Brian Backland

http://www.jenera.com/
Jenera Inc.

--- === Standard Disclaimer === ------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed here are my own and may or may not represent the
opinion of my employer, or any company with which I am associated.

Post by J Wuns » Tue, 03 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>    When I go to use the document
> http://arh0061.urh.uiuc.edu/~dannyman/feedback.html and click the "submit"
> button, using Matt's Script Archive FormMail.pl, lynx returns the following;

> POST to /~dannyman/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl not supported.

Are you sure this is *Apache* complaining?  Perhaps it is *lynx*
complaining that it cannot handle method POST for forms?  (Perhaps
your lynx is a little aged already?  I cannot seem to remember such a
message from lynx.)

--
cheers, J"org

Apache: POST not implemented

Post by Christoph Badu » Tue, 03 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:><directory /home/*>

Youp probably want:

<Directory /home>

--
Christoph Badura
O'Reilly/International Thomson Verlag

Post by Dannym » Tue, 03 Sep 1996 04:00:00

: Are you sure this is *Apache* complaining?  Perhaps it is *lynx*
: complaining that it cannot handle method POST for forms?  (Perhaps
: your lynx is a little aged already?  I cannot seem to remember such a
: message from lynx.)

lynx isn't the only one that complains, unfortunately ... :/

--
=====///====================================================================

Post by Andrew Wilso » Wed, 04 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>>        When I go to use the document
>> http://arh0061.urh.uiuc.edu/~dannyman/feedback.html and click the "submit"
>> button, using Matt's Script Archive FormMail.pl, lynx returns the following;

>> POST to /~dannyman/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl not supported.

>Are you sure this is *Apache* complaining?  Perhaps it is *lynx*
>complaining that it cannot handle method POST for forms?  (Perhaps
>your lynx is a little aged already?  I cannot seem to remember such a
>message from lynx.)

My guess is that FormMail.pl punts error messages to stdout (to the
client) as well as to the server's error_log.  Either way, this is Apache
giving you a clue and almost entirely and absolutely nothing to do with
FreeBSD (or any other OS for that matter).  Sit in on

and you'll se this come up 5 times a day.  The trick is to read the
install script for FormMail.pl and do what it tells you.

Oh and by the way, it *is* a rocket science.

Ay.

Post by Dannym » Wed, 04 Sep 1996 04:00:00

: and you'll se this come up 5 times a day.  The trick is to read the
: install script for FormMail.pl and do what it tells you.

*scratches head*

*thinks a moment*

*scratches head*

        Damn, I might have *ed up! :)

        See, I just kinda copied the script over from another server
verbatim ... wait, I don't think I ... oh my. I'm such a STUPID-ASS LAME
SCHMUCK!

        Though if I'm wrong, I'll go to your infosystems group and *
about it, thanks.

        Thanks people, for all your clues. *kicks himself in ass a couple
of times*

--
=====///====================================================================

\\\///=========HOME PAGE! http://www.veryComputer.com/
=\XX/A1200==================================================================
                            EnterAct is number One!

1. Apache "Post to xxx.pl not supported"/Method not implemented problem

Okay, I'm clueless and admit it.  I'm trying to get a PERL script to work
on Apache (1.0.5, I know, I'm working on upgrading), and when I call the
script from my HTML code I get the following:

Method not implemented

POST to /search.pl not supported.

Is this a configuration problem?  TIA...

        It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
        By the beans of java, my thoughts acquire speed
        The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning
        It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion

2. How to use csh variables

3. Apache: "Post: Method not implemented"...

4. Help, pppd fails just after connection

5. Apache 1.1.3 POST method not implemented ???

6. 2nd CPU added

7. Apache POST Method not implemented

8. Irix 5.2 Disk Quotas -- How?

9. Apache Problem: Method POST Method Not Implemented

10. Apache Method not implemented (POST)

11. POST method not implemented

12. POST not implemented????

13. GET & POST methods not implemented! PLEASE HELP!!!