Xircom CEM33 Network+modem pcmcia

Post by Nick Hilliar » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 00:57:14

> Hi have a notebook (mitac 6120) with FreeBSD 4.1 installed, all work fine
> but the card in subject isn't working.
> pccardd see only the modem part of the card but not the nic, can someone
> help me?

Unfortunately, you can only use one component at the same time.  If you want to
use the nic, then you have to remove the modem configuration from the
configuration file and reboot; then the modem should work fine.

On my laptop, I have two files, one with the modem definition, and the other
with the NIC definition.  If I want to switch from one to the other, then it's a
matter of making a soft link from /etc/pccard.conf to the correct definition and
then rebooting.  I've included the files below, if it's of any use to you.

Nick

pccard.conf.modem
--
# pick up default resources
include /etc/pccard.conf.resources

# Xircom RealPort Ethernet 10/100+Modem56 (REM56G-100)
card "Xircom" "CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56"
        config 0x27 "sio2" ?
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s Xircom CreditCard Modem inserted
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s Xircom CreditCard Modem removed
--

pccard.conf.ethernet
--
# pick up default resources
include /etc/pccard.conf.resources

# Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + modem (Ethernet part)
card "Xircom" "CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56"
        config  0x27 "xe0" ?
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s Xircom CreditCard Modem inserted
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s Xircom CreditCard Modem removed
        remove  /sbin/ifconfig $device delete

Xircom CEM33 Network+modem pcmcia

Post by Fabr » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:59:45

Hi to all,
Hi have a notebook (mitac 6120) with FreeBSD 4.1 installed, all work fine
but the card in subject isn't working.
pccardd see only the modem part of the card but not the nic, can someone
help me?

Thanks
Fabrizio