ddp_route

Post by Abdellah Djeb » Tue, 02 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

we have a box running FreeBSD 2.2.5-STABLE. We keep getting
this error that I can't find the source for it.
/kernel:ddp_route:still have no valid route.
does anyone have an idea.
thank you much.

Abdu

ddp_route

Post by Steven G. Kar » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi all,

> we have a box running FreeBSD 2.2.5-STABLE. We keep getting
> this error that I can't find the source for it.
> /kernel:ddp_route:still have no valid route.
> does anyone have an idea.
> thank you much.

Your kernel is confiugred to use netatalk.  This message comes
from one of the files under /sys/netatalk if you have the
sources installed.

No, I don't know what it means because I'll get the message
every once in awhile yet I can still use netatalk.

--
Steve

http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~clesceri/kargl.html

ddp_route

Post by H. Ecke » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> we have a box running FreeBSD 2.2.5-STABLE. We keep getting
> this error that I can't find the source for it.
> /kernel:ddp_route:still have no valid route.
> does anyone have an idea.

I had it in my mind and atalk(4) proved it: DDP is part of the
Appletalk protocol family.  It is the "Datagram Delivery Protocol"
which according to the manual page is the only part that's
inside the kernel.
So I'd say your Netatalk isn't configured correctly.

Greetings,
                                Ripley
--
http://www.in-berlin.de/User/nostromo/