kernel PANIC please help!

Post by Chad E. Cowa » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

    Yikes!

    Can anyone help me narrow down where this problem is arising from?

kernel error in module K0007440x1000x34567B
kernel PANIC: K0007440x1000x34567B

    Thanks. This has caused me much stress, and I'll do anything to fix it.

    Chad

--
____________________________
If you wish to contact me make sure

kernel PANIC please help!

Post by Denis Dominguez Corcob » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

>     Yikes!

>     Can anyone help me narrow down where this problem is arising from?

> kernel error in module K0007440x1000x34567B
> kernel PANIC: K0007440x1000x34567B

>     Thanks. This has caused me much stress, and I'll do anything to fix it.

>     Chad

This is to few information. Please explain what you where doing,
something about your configuration and so on.

kernel PANIC please help!

Post by Chad E. Cowa » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

    Okay,

    That machine is a Pentium Classic 120 MHz, 32 MB EDO RAM + 8 MB Fast
Page RAM, an old Shuttle Intel Chipset TX motherboard, but there I could be
mistaken.

    FreeBSD Release 3.3.

    I get the error whenever I type 'top' or 'ps' or ANY other system
function! I can start programs, however, just nothing integrated into
FreeBSD itself.

    Anything I've left out that's still pertinent?

    Thanks,

    Chad

> >     Yikes!

> >     Can anyone help me narrow down where this problem is arising from?

> > kernel error in module K0007440x1000x34567B
> > kernel PANIC: K0007440x1000x34567B

> >     Thanks. This has caused me much stress, and I'll do anything to fix
it.

> >     Chad

> This is to few information. Please explain what you where doing,
> something about your configuration and so on.
> --

kernel PANIC please help!

Post by Denis Dominguez Corcob » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00

>     Okay,

>     That machine is a Pentium Classic 120 MHz, 32 MB EDO RAM + 8 MB Fast
> Page RAM, an old Shuttle Intel Chipset TX motherboard, but there I could be
> mistaken.

>     FreeBSD Release 3.3.

>     I get the error whenever I type 'top' or 'ps' or ANY other system
> function! I can start programs, however, just nothing integrated into
> FreeBSD itself.

>     Anything I've left out that's still pertinent?

Ok. That is something more. I am not an expert, just trying to help. My
instinct says that this have to do with your RAM management.
What is this Fast Page RAM thing? Have you mixed RAM SIMMs? If so, do
the test with EDO RAM only.
Did you rebuild your kernel or is this the GENERIC one?

kernel PANIC please help!

Post by J Wuns » Wed, 31 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> kernel error in module K0007440x1000x34567B
> kernel PANIC: K0007440x1000x34567B

If this is the exact message as you've seen it on the screen, it's not
a FreeBSD message.  Sorry, i don't have an old crashdump lying around
to demonstrate how a FreeBSD kernel panic would look like.

--
cheers, J"org               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/                        NIC: JW11-RIPE

1. Kernel Panic, Please Help...I am Panicking Too

I am pretty new to this linux stuff so bear with me.  I recently downloaded
and installed mandrake 7.2, but unfortunately my usb modem wasnt supported,
so when the kernel update came out I thought I would give that a try....got
the kernel compiled, updated LILO...restart and attempt to load the new
kernel...and I get a kernel panic error...

Speciffically:

kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 21:05

How can I fix this?  It was suggested to me that I try rdev....I tried it
but I am not sure how to use it correctly can someone elaborate or give me
some more insite into how I can correct this problem?

I appreciate all your help...

System spec's:

128mb EMS / 256mb Micron SDRAM - 20.4 7200 Barracuda - 20.4 7200 Western
Digital- SB Live - Plex 8/4/32 - Geforce 2 MX Prophet II 205/205,
WinMill/Win2k Pro/Whistler/Linux Mandrake 7.2

2. mandrake for windows

3. kernel panic PLEASE HELP!

4. stupid iptables question

5. scsi causes kernel panic - please help

6. Determining IP address from MAC address

7. Kernel panic...please help

8. PARTITION WIN95

9. Kernel Panic - Please help!

10. kernel panic: please help