missing libcryptp.so.2 , can't telnet

Post by Victor Ramirez Lorc » Sun, 27 May 2001 09:04:54

  Hi everyone

   I had triying to install basic crypto from a  scratched CD
   (I didn't know that), then i wasn't able to telnet, cause
   telnet depends on a missing shared library libcript.so.somenumber

   How can  i fix this, there is a way to return the things back to
   the previous state? may be remove the half installed crypto things?
   sysinstall doesn't provide a way to remove a item from the distributions
   menu.

                Thanks in advance
                                                Victor Ramirez.

Post by olgnub » Sun, 27 May 2001 09:20:45

>    sysinstall doesn't provide a way to remove a item from the distributions
>    menu.

>                 Thanks in advance
>                                                 Victor Ramirez.

Believe it does Victor. If if the cd isn't damaged so much that
/stand/sysinstall in post install configuration can't bring up the
Package Index, then just paging through it there will be an x mark in
all installed applications and packages. Hitting space will deselect the
item, and when you exit back to the previous screen you will be queried
as to are you sure you wish to remove this from your system and if you
select yes, it will be removed and and things will be set back to the
previous deps and configs. 't least that's the way it works on my
4.3-release.

Charlie

Post by Victor Ramirez Lorc » Sun, 27 May 2001 09:53:51

>>    sysinstall doesn't provide a way to remove a item from the distributions
>>    menu.

>>                 Thanks in advance
>>                                                 Victor Ramirez.

> Believe it does Victor. If if the cd isn't damaged so much that
> /stand/sysinstall in post install configuration can't bring up the
> Package Index, then just paging through it there will be an x mark in
> all installed applications and packages. Hitting space will deselect the
> item, and when you exit back to the previous screen you will be queried
> as to are you sure you wish to remove this from your system and if you
> select yes, it will be removed and and things will be set back to the
> previous deps and configs. 't least that's the way it works on my
> 4.3-release.
> Charlie

   Well , the instalation of the package wasn't completed,
   sysinstall doesn't mark it as installed so i can't proceed
   to remove an no installed package :( .
    does  exist some way to remove the package from the command line?
  May be i need to get a new 4.3 CD, i'm using  4.1.1-RELEASE
  in a old 486 SX 40Mhz 8M RAM . What are the requirements for 4.3 ?
  (this pc is in my home net conected using a crossover utp cable :) )

-----
                                        Victor Ramirez.

Post by olgnub » Sun, 27 May 2001 10:29:37

>    Well , the instalation of the package wasn't completed,
>    sysinstall doesn't mark it as installed so i can't proceed
>    to remove an no installed package :( .
>     does  exist some way to remove the package from the command line?
>   May be i need to get a new 4.3 CD, i'm using  4.1.1-RELEASE
>   in a old 486 SX 40Mhz 8M RAM . What are the requirements for 4.3 ?
>   (this pc is in my home net conected using a crossover utp cable :) )

> -----
>                                         Victor Ramirez.

pkg_delete may be your answer. man pkg_delete

I'm not sure, if it didn't get in the /var/db/pkg. You might check if it
shows there. May entail a listing of files and manual deletion and
correction, or re-installation of what you were able to do on the
original install prior to adding the crypto. Or maybe changing install
source and doing an ftp install if ftp.freebsd.org is back up fully
functional of the crypto. Fifty something chunks I believe for all the
crypto and secure stuff. Any thing farther than that is out of my realm
of knowledge. I'm running this on an AMD Athlon 700 on a GA-7ZX mb, so I
really didn't delve into requirements and other than directing you to
http://www.veryComputer.com/ I'm afraid I couldn't be much other help.

I haven't bought the CD yet. Just ftp'ed a bare base install down on to
my DOS partition and did it from there and have been gradually*
anting the rest of it down by ftp.

Best wishes, good luck and a good weekend.

Charlie

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. IDE Iomega Zip drive and Sun Ultra 10 WorkStation

3. "NC" fuer UNIX ?!

4. Missing software ... find what I'm missing

5. LX panic bug? fix?

6. Missing '.' and '..' directories

7. Ping problem: ARP ?

8. Sun 'find' is missing '-maxdepth'!

9. Apache 2.0.18a - 'Make' error re 'apr' - *.lo missing?

10. 'cryptdir' relies on missing 'crypt' ?

11. What's an 'mcd device' (because it's missing)?

12. 'ping' sees route but 'telnet' doesn't??