S3 Trio 3D/2X Video card and Xserver

Post by Dominik Beh » Sun, 05 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Does anybody knows how this card (based on 86325 or 86368 chip) behaves
> under FreeBSD3.3? I have it to work only sa gebneric 16VGA.
> TIA
> Ivo

according to XFree 3.3.5 docs Trio3D/2X is supported only on Linux.
(e.g. freebsd xserwer doesnt work with it). i dont know what is so special
about linux ;). maybe recompiling x from sources will help.

btw Trio3D and Trio3D/2X support is fairly new, untested and i have heard
lots of *in about them on linux newsgroups.

so my advice is stay away from Trio3D for a while. if you MUST buy video
card now and think about something cheap consider Riva 128ZX. you'll get
at least some OpenGL acceletration with Riva 128.

(i dont think that video cards without good 3d acceleration is worth buying
at all.)
--
dominik behr

1. Please help configure my S3 Trio 3D/2X Video card

Hi my name is Boris...
Can some one help my to configure S3 Trio 3D/2X AGP
Video card for Linux RedHat 6.0
Thanks.

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

2. Beginner

3. Red Hat 7.0 With S3 Trio 3D/2X Video Card

4. cdrecord wierdness

5. Please Help with S3 Trio 3D 128 AGP video card

6. Xaw3d crashes

7. S3 Trio 3D Video Card

8. Bypassing X in OpenGL

9. S3 Trio 3D AGP Video Card