Fix for Adaptec 2940AU warm boot hangs

Post by John Am » Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:00:00

If you find the Adaptec 2940AU doesn't see devices during a warm boot
then try turning on the SCAM in the SCSIselect bios.

I saw this on another group and tried it. I don't know why but it
worked for me. :-)

ja

1. Adaptec 2940AU/SyJet boot problem

Has anyone tried using an Adaptec 2940AU controller with a SyJet as
the boot device?  If there is only one device on the internal cable
it goes through the motions of booting up to the point of loading
the kernel, detecting the devices, reading the partitions, then
it gets a disk error and can't mount the root device.  Adding a
2nd SyJet on the external connector makes it work with no other
changes.  I don't think this is related to termination since adding
a cable with a terminator to the external connector doesn't help.
This machine is being set up for development/testing and will normally
have both drives connected but I'd like to know what is going on.

Les Mikesell

2. Looking for compressed filesystem for 2.4 kernel

3. Boot problems with Red Hat Linux and Adaptec 2940AU

4. stray matlab process after logout from CDE (running solaris 2.6)

5. Adaptec 2940au won't boot

6. OS/Software Release Testing in Linux??

7. Where can I get an Adaptec 2940AU boot disk?

8. More SCSI Troubles

9. Adaptec 2940AU problems

10. Trouble installing Adaptec 2940AU Host Adaptor

11. Adaptec 2940AU problems

12. Slackware on Adaptec 2940AU

13. Adaptec 2940AU does not work correctly with OS5