Add user that can add users?

Post by Tin » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

is it possible in FreeBSD 4.4 to create a "Superuser Light" that can
create users and delete (only) them?

Thanks for hints!

Tino

Add user that can add users?

Post by zulu » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

I believe that the 'sudo' command is what you're looking for.  What it does
is allows certain root commands (that you specify) to various people (that
you specify).

Quote:> Hi,

> is it possible in FreeBSD 4.4 to create a "Superuser Light" that can
> create users and delete (only) them?

> Thanks for hints!

> Tino

1. Q: Howto: 1) Add/Del user, 2) Alias user address?

I have two simple questions:
1) How to add/delete a user automatically
   The Slackware has an adduser, which allows to add user interactively.
   But there is no deluser.  Also, I couldnt find man page for adduser.
   Are these available somewhere?
2) How to alias a user's E-mail address
   Suppose a user's login name is white and E-mail address is

   (SLIP connection, mail, pine are used.)

2. printing setup fails

3. wireless interface going up automatically

4. User Authentication on the fly (Adding New Users)

5. ftp software for Solaris 1.1.1/Openwin v.3?

6. Add/remove user to user group(s) in a script ??

7. ASCII uploads on comm port?

8. scoadmin -> Account Manager -> Users -> Add New Users breaks /etc/password symlink

9. How to add a sendmail user without adding it as a linux user? Thanks!

10. User PPP not adding default route

11. adding users online

12. Wierd problem with adding users.