getting "execv" error when using print filter

getting "execv" error when using print filter

Post by John Fabian » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 19:07:56

Hi,
I'm attempting to setup a printing filter.  Even if I place "cat" as the
only line in the filter I get a "can't  execv" error.  The file/filter is in
"/usr/local/libexec" and is named mytest. In the printcap file I have added
":if=/usr/local/libexec/mytest:"  So what am I doing wrong?
TIA
John

Post by jp » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 00:23:22

> I'm attempting to setup a printing filter.  Even if I place "cat" as the
> only line in the filter I get a "can't  execv" error.

Try `/bin/cat' instead of just `cat'.

getting "execv" error when using print filter

Post by Pekka Samuli Lai » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 05:52:00

Quote:>I'm attempting to setup a printing filter.  Even if I place "cat" as the
>only line in the filter I get a "can't  execv" error.

Try inserting "#!/bin/sh" in the beginning of the filter.

PSL

getting "execv" error when using print filter

Post by John Fabian » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 13:39:15

Thanks that worked.  I had /usr/bin/sh
John