(no subject)

Post by Riku Kir » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I want to use a BSD box for controlling a Sun Solaris server. The server
doesnt have a graphical card and is expected to be controlled by a
serial VT100 terminal.
Is TIP what I should choose or are there better alternatives?
How do I get TIP running. Manpages doesnt give much help.
I have no cable problems, terminal emulation works fine from Windows.

1. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

Greetings,

The following macros are there on AIX  but not on Linux.If we have
on Linux pls  suggest me how to use(say path) or tell me alternative?

#define SIGDANGER 33    /* system crash imminent; free up some page
space */
#define SIGSAK    63    /* secure attention key */
#define SIGSOUND  62    /* sound control has completed */
#define SIGKAP    60    /* keep alive poll from native keyboard */
#define SIGGRANT  SIGKAP /* monitor mode granted */
#define SIGRETRACT 61   /* monitor mode should be relinguished */
#define  F_CLOSEM       10/**on AIX /usr/include/fcntl.h****/
#define _D_NAME_MAX 255

Thnaks in Advance
Sudhakar Reddy.N

2. EIDE CDROM - Linux cannot find.

3. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?

4. questions about lpc - what does 'no daemon present' mean?

5. NOS shootout

6. Faster (fewer clicks) opening of a console window possible ?

7. Seeds for random nos.

8. booting Linux on hdb

9. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

10. Software to read NOS/VE backup tapes

11. Help: What is best NOS/platform for Oracle?

12. Unix <-> NOS