(Bus Error) Core Dumped?

Post by Dan » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Sorry folks...
I saw the posting earlier this week and ignored, and now am suffering
same hassle.
Just installed PCI video card on a 486 machine.
Cirrus Logic5434 Unknown Maufacturer, gonna claim Cirrus cause
it's the only name on the card.
Please resubmit reply .

--
Daniel Lopez

Unsolicited bulk or commercial email is not welcome.             erols.com

(Bus Error) Core Dumped?

Post by Dan » Tue, 28 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Yeah so I see I didn't give much detail
But for any who peruse this thread,
the anwer came by reinstalling FreeBSD with the PCI video installed...

Quote:> Sorry folks...
> I saw the posting earlier this week and ignored, and now am suffering
> same hassle.
> Just installed PCI video card on a 486 machine.
> Cirrus Logic5434 Unknown Maufacturer, gonna claim Cirrus cause
> it's the only name on the card.
> Please resubmit reply .

1. NCSA htppd 1.5 gives Bus Error (core dumped) !!

I've tried the newest NCSA httpd on my Sparc
(httpd_1.5a-export_solaris2.4_sparc.tar.Z)
and running the binary supplied with the package always results in this:

# uname -a
SunOS palmetto 5.5 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-10
# ./httpd
Bus Error (core dumped)
#

I know that the supplied binary is intended for Solaris 2.4 so I
recompiled it but I still get the same results with the resulting output
binary.

This seems to be the case with Solaris x86 2.5 as well.

What simple, obvious, no brainer thing have I over looked?!?!?!?

 Kevin Martinez                 |           Fry's Electronics: Where

2. ppp configuration label not found

3. Bus error (core dumped) !please help!

4. text/plain text plugin necessary?

5. Bus error - core dump

6. OSS449F Patch on SCO 5.0.2

7. java in netscape = bus error core dump

8. Help with CVS

9. bus error core dump

10. Bus error core dump??

11. FreeBSD problem: Bus Error (core dumped) !Please Help!

12. Bus error (core dump) in Solaris 2.5.1

13. Bus error (core dumped)