1. broken 2.2 IDE CD-RW (was Re: plain 2.2.X: no ide CD-RW?)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Sorry, I was referring to the backport of the 2.4 IDE code to 2.2.
I'm currently using ide.2.2.19.05042001 successfully, which I got from:
I've used several similar patches, though. Stock 2.4 kernels work
fine with my CD-RW as well; however, I've now discovered that plain
2.2 kernels do not. This could easily be a long-standing problem,
probably at least a year old - I've only recently stumbled across it,
Since I have a solution (use the 2.4 IDE backport), this isn't
critical; however, since many people still rely on 2.2, and I'd like
to use a stock 2.2 kernel if possible, I'm willing to spend some time
(A bit of background: Before I got my CD-RW drive last summer, I
bought an OnStream DI-30 drive. This drive was then only supported on
2.2 with the 2.4 IDE backport, and so I've used this drive
successfully with 2.2.16 + 2.4 IDE patch, and a similar combination
since. Since stock 2.2.19+ now support this drive through the osst
patch, I thought I'd try it out. It does work, but at the cost of
losing my CD-RW.)
+1 505 872 3150
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
2. Linux E-Mail Server
3. SCSI CD-RW: yamaha 4416s: HowTo REWrite CD-RW's?
5. CD-RW support specifically with NEC NR 7700A CD-RW drive
6. CSU/DSU Direct Connect Experiences?
7. ide-scsi cd-rw woes (creative cd-rw blaster)
8. S3 Virge & related accelerated server...
9. Reading CD-R & CD-RW with an ATAPI HP 7200e CD-Writer on RH 6.0...
10. Ricoh CD, CD-R, CD-RW and DVD drive
11. CD-R/CD-RW (HP CD-Writer+ 7570i)
12. General Question Regarding CD-R and CD-RW Recording
13. PCMCIA CD-R or CD-RW Drive?