xfishtank - compile errors

Post by Steven G. Kar » Sat, 04 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Has anybody managed to compile xfishtank-2.2.tar.gz
> from ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles ?

Are you using the port system to build this?

Xfishtank works fine, but it can't do truecolor.

Quote:

> On my system ( FreeBSD 2.2.2 Am80486 DX4/100 32Mb )

> i get these  error messages:

[errors deleted]

Quote:

> The resulting executable 'xfishtank' quits with the following message(s)

> sigvec call OK

> [1]*  Floating point exception(core dumped) xfishtank

Looks like your trying to build xfishtank without using the port.

--
Steve

http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~kargl/sgk.html

xfishtank - compile errors

Post by Graham Dres » Sat, 04 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Has anybody managed to compile xfishtank-2.2.tar.gz
from ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles ?

On my system ( FreeBSD 2.2.2 Am80486 DX4/100 32Mb )

i get these  error messages:

xfish.c: In function `parse':
xfish.c:178: warning: passing arg 2 of `strcpy' makes pointer from integer
without a cast
xfish.c: In function `MakeImage':
xfish.c:1167: warning: type mismatch in previous external decl
xfish.c:985: warning: previous external decl ov `malloc'
xfish.c: In function `Init_Pixmap':
xfish.c:1221: warning: type mismatch with previous implicit declaration
xfish.c:1167: warning: previous implicit declaration of `malloc'
xfish.c: In function `initialize':
xfish.c:1508: warning: type mismatch with previous implicit declaration
xfish.c:1167: warning: previous implicit declaration of `malloc'

The resulting executable 'xfishtank' quits with the following message(s)

sigvec call OK

[1]*  Floating point exception(core dumped) xfishtank

--
Graham Dresch

xfishtank - compile errors

Post by Graham Dres » Tue, 07 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>Are you using the port system to build this?

>Xfishtank works fine, but it can't do truecolor.

Yes i am using teh port system.

I found the problem eventually, xfishtank-2.2.tar.gz acquired a few extra bytes
, File size showed as 360038... should be 360031.
For some strange reasom neither md5,gzip or tar reported any errors.

--
Graham Dresch

1. Trouble compiling XFISHTANK - compiling error

Anyone other who have XFISHTANK running on your  linux box?

I just downloaded a copy, version 2.2, from ftp:sunsite
and i have trouble  until when the final executable is about to
be linked with the object files.

I got the following errors:

gcc -fpcc-struct-return  -fwritable-strings -o xfishtank xfish.o medcut.o
read.o gifread.o  -g  -lXext -lX11 -lm
ld: No such file or directory for libX11
make: *** [xfishtank] Error 1

I believe that libX11.a can not be accessed, but I don't have any such
file on my system, except libX11.sa.  So I create a symbolic link from
libX11.sa to libX11.a but some error...

Previously to this, I got  an error in that libXext can not be made
but I just created a symbolic link to an existing file, libXext.a.

Any ideas will be appreciated!!!

To all those who have help me in my previous requests, thanks alot since
I've fixed and solved my problems... Thanks!!! :)

Ren
--

     "On your own admission, you raised up the knife
      And you brought it down ending another man's life."

2. Question on the HOST command

3. Xfishtank doesn't compile under linux?

4. qt and qt-mt

5. large compiling error when compiling PGP on Linux...

6. linux nfs server w/aix client - can't ls

7. Compile error with 2.4.15-pre3 when compiling with LVM

8. Reclaiming a partition

9. Internal compile error compiling kdelib

10. xfishtank (2.0) crash when bpp > 8

11. olvwm and xfishtank???

12. Xfishtank 2.1 (no output)

13. Xfishtank on a sun?