My DSL connection w/FreeBSD

Post by Anthony Teagu » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:41:47

Ok, I'm very new to Unix so don't flame my ass for sounding like a retard.
How do I set up my DSL internet connection w/ FreeBSD 5.0?  I have to
authenticate in order to get an IP.  I hope this helps someone to steer me
in the right direction.

My DSL connection w/FreeBSD

Post by casav.. » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:27:48

> Ok, I'm very new to Unix so don't flame my ass for sounding like a retard.
> How do I set up my DSL internet connection w/ FreeBSD 5.0?  I have to
> authenticate in order to get an IP.  I hope this helps someone to steer me
> in the right direction.

Please read..
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/pppoe.html

My DSL connection w/FreeBSD

Post by Peter W » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:56:43

    Anthony> Ok, I'm very new to Unix so don't flame my ass for sounding
    Anthony> like a retard.  How do I set up my DSL internet connection w/
    Anthony> FreeBSD 5.0?  I have to authenticate in order to get an IP.
    Anthony> I hope this helps someone to steer me in the right direction.

Read the PPPoE section in the Handbook.

--
Peter Wu