Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter. . .

Post by Jm Sm » Mon, 28 May 2001 01:11:11

Building a new system, will be loading FreeBSD 4.3.  Anyone had any luck with
this SCSI adapter?  It's not mentioned in the hardware list, and I want to know
before hand if I should just shoot it and get a different one or not.

Thanks!
--
J'm

To reply direct, remove clothes.
...-.-

Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter. . .

Post by bruc.. » Tue, 29 May 2001 14:59:26

:
: Building a new system, will be loading FreeBSD 4.3.  Anyone had any luck with
: this SCSI adapter?
:
        It works fine, but I don't believe you can boot from it.
    Nowhere on the Adaptec web site does it say it is for disks,
    or rather, for hard drives and the booting from said drives.

                                                Bruce
  "I like bad!"                               Bruce Burden    Austin, TX.
        - Thuganlitha
        The Power and the Prophet
        Robert Don Hughes

Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter. . .

Post by J'm Sm't » Wed, 30 May 2001 23:58:35

> :
> : Building a new system, will be loading FreeBSD 4.3.  Anyone had any luck with
> : this SCSI adapter?
> :
>         It works fine, but I don't believe you can boot from it.
>     Nowhere on the Adaptec web site does it say it is for disks,
>     or rather, for hard drives and the booting from said drives.

>                                                 Bruce

Thanks!  I will be using it for a tape drive, so booting from it isn't
in the future.

--

Post by J'm Sm't » Wed, 06 Jun 2001 02:43:03

> Building a new system, will be loading FreeBSD 4.3.  Anyone had any luck with
> this SCSI adapter?  It's not mentioned in the hardware list, and I want to know
> before hand if I should just shoot it and get a different one or not.

I've had great luck running it.  Since it is an Advansys chipset, it
runs just like an Advansys SCSI adapter--no problems whatsoever.

However, about my MPD. . .

--

Post by John Doher » Sat, 16 Jun 2001 12:43:43

>> :
>> : Building a new system, will be loading FreeBSD 4.3.  Anyone
>> : had any luck with this SCSI adapter?
>> :
>>         It works fine, but I don't believe you can boot from it.
>>     Nowhere on the Adaptec web site does it say it is for disks,
>>     or rather, for hard drives and the booting from said drives.
>Thanks!  I will be using it for a tape drive, so booting from it
>isn't in the future.

I've been using one for a couple of days, because it happened to be
lying around. It seems to work fine. FreeBSD 3.3 recognized it
automagically.

I have only tried it with tape drives so far, so the cautions
about using it for a boot disk may apply; I don't know.

I have a Sony SDX-300C and an Exabyte 8505XL connected to mine.
The Sony works fine. I have a problem with "mt eom" not working
on the Exabyte, which seems to be a problem with FreeBSD's mt,
because the drive is definitely capable of doing that.

So if it happens that you'll be using an Exabyte drive with FreeBSD
4.3, and "mt eom" works, I'd be very interested to know it, because
it's pretty much a show-stopping problem for me.

Best regards.

--

1. ADAPTEC 2930 SCSI Adapter

I just picked up an ADAPTEC 2930 SCSI Adapter and for some reason it isn't
working. I have a half gig hard drive attached to it that isn't being
recognized by my system.

I have a few questions. Please don't RTFM me. How can I determine if the
kernel recognizes the existance of the adapter. I just checked my dmesg and it
has no mention of the SCSI adapter nor any message of the drive attached to
it. Also, /proc/scsi/scsi says that no devices are attached.
Second, if indeed my kernel 2.0.34 does recognize my adapter, how can I get it
to work?

If anybody knows anything, can you please E-mail me?
Thank You,
Scott

--

2. root login and su

3. Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter

4. Canon BJC6000 Printer - Does it Work?

5. Adaptec SCSI Card 2930

6. reminder file

7. Adaptec 2930 SCSI driver

8. help with CVS on linux

9. Adaptec 2930 PCI SCSI card

10. ADAPTEC Ultra SCSI 2930 controller card

11. Adaptec AHA-2930 SCSI Controller problems in kernel 2.4.3+

12. Any support for Adaptec 2930 SCSI card?

13. Adaptec 2930 SCSI Help Needed