What to download for minimal install??

Post by Ashley Heat » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 19:59:35

I want to download the current release of FreeBSD, but I don't need
everything on the ISO image eg Packages etc. What is the minimum that I
need to download to create a bootable CDROM for the minimal install
option. is there a webpage that has that sort of info?

TIA,
Ash

Remove NOSPAM from my email address to reply

What to download for minimal install??

Post by Ashley Heat » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:18:26

Managed to find the info, just /bin by the look of it.

Ash

Quote:> I want to download the current release of FreeBSD, but I don't need
> everything on the ISO image eg Packages etc. What is the minimum that I
> need to download to create a bootable CDROM for the minimal install
> option. is there a webpage that has that sort of info?

> TIA,
> Ash

Remove NOSPAM from my email address to reply

1. Installing Xfree (after installing minimal FreeBSD), how ?

Greetings,

I am trying to install the Xfree server on my PC. I have already installed
the minimal FreeBSD environment by downloading the /bin, /floppies
and /manpages directories.

How can I update this installation in order to add the Xfree server ?
What files do I need ?

Your email help will be highly appreciated.

Dinesh
--

Dinesh Punjabi

2. Conditional redirection

3. minimal work to get minimal printer working minimalling

4. Starting sdtimage with a given size?

5. More Sol 9 minimal install issues - man hangs after patching box

6. Restarting from Linux causes BIOS to hang

7. installing red hat from HD with minimal HD size

8. help: Sony GDM-1950 on Linux-PC (Xwindows)

9. minimal linux install???

10. How to do manual (or minimal) install of RH ?

11. Newbie: Binaries for Minimal 4.5 Install

12. minimal install