SCO UNIX disk controller change

Post by bv » Mon, 19 May 1997 04:00:00

        I Would like some information on replacing the existing
Adaptec 1542 controller in my UNIX server with a MYLEX raid
Controller.  The system is a Pentium 100 and running sco 3.2.  I also
have backup Edge on the current system  My objective is not to reload
UNIX if possible   ( I have a seperate u file system if that is of any
help.)

Post by J Wuns » Wed, 21 May 1997 04:00:00

>    I Would like some information on replacing the existing
> Adaptec 1542 controller in my UNIX server with a MYLEX raid
> Controller.  The system is a Pentium 100 and running sco 3.2.

Well, you're asking this in a FreeBSD newsgroup, so what do you expect
from us?

We pity you for still running SC0...  ``Using SCO is like travelling
back in time.'' :)

--
cheers, J"org

1. SCO UNIX Disk Controller change

        I Would like some information on replacing the existing
Adaptec 1542 controller in my UNIX server with a MYLEX raid
Controller.  The system is a Pentium 100 and running sco 3.2.  I also
have backup Edge on the current system  My objective is not to reload
UNIX if possible   ( I have a seperate u file system if that is of any
help.)

2. eth0: Too much work?

3. Need help: PANIC: Cannot find root disk controller after changing disks

4. Universal Locale

5. Changing from SCO XENIX to SCO Unix v.4.2

6. Win95 + WinNT + OpenServer?

7. Kernel 2.2.11 and TCP_NO_DELAY

8. Free SCO : no root disk controller

9. Installation SCO V R5, Warning hd: no root disk controller

10. SCO Unix's Controller driver under Solaris

11. Changing disk controller (x86)

12. ESDI controllers/drives & SCO UNIX