pppd: No child processes and dies :(

Post by Michael Kondrash » Thu, 03 Jun 1999 04:00:00

From time to time I see following messages in log file:
pppd[123]: error waiting for (dis)connection process: No child
processes
pppd[123]: Exit.

And pppd is dead!
What is this?

1. Process Id for the child process that is dying

Does somebody know an easy way for a parent process to capture the process
Id of a "death of child" without excuslively using wait()?

Thanks,
Dave
--
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views
and do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation

2. Bourne Shell: Declaration of variables

3. child processes not dying with parent process??

4. Microport/SCO STREAMS implementation diffs?

5. Getting a child and child's child process-id

6. Multicasting and PPP

7. Creating a file > 2Gb

8. smail failed to reap child process: No child processes

9. how to kill a child process that runs other children processes

10. apache child processes never die

11. httpd - child processes don't die !!

12. Keeping a child process alive when parent dies