Installation freeze at pnp device check

Post by alex.d.. » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I've been trying to install FreeBSD 3.2 and 3.3 (release) on an IBM
Thinkpad 600.  Everything works until just after the visual hardware
config screen where the machine hangs at the line 'PNP Device Check'
(wording may be slightly different).  I've tried removing ALL non
essential devices with no luck.

2.2.8 installs ok so it seems to me to be something that was added
after. (I haven't tried 3.1).

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks in advance,

alex..

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Freeze freeze freeze..

I have two problems that really suck.
The first is:
I can run dip and get my slip connection working, but when someone tries
to telnet into my machine, it either gives them...

Trying 128.193.5.41...
Connected to 128.193.5.41.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

or it gives them the login, and you can proceed to login.
The first time it dosn't give them the log in or anything, just
connection closes on them.
Sometimes when I start linux people can't log in at all, and other times
it works fine. Other times it dosn't work at first then you might try
back again and it will work. It dosn't matter if you use the ip# or the
name address.

My second problem is:

Stupid think FREEZES!
Everytime I start up linux and get on my slip, it will freeze after about
5 minutes. There are no messages and no warnings, it just freezes and I
can't do anything.

Please reply if you have any ideas what the hell is wrong!

Thanks in advance.

2. Emacs 19.28 hangs under Solaris 2.4

3. PS/2 mouse with AWE 32 PnP card freezes my keyboard & mouse ???

4. diald : creates virtual SLIP connection, but never talks to modem

5. Installation program terminates "NOTICE: ram: No space on device on device 31/50"

6. Why Netscape in NOT colored on my machine???

7. Rh 5.2 and SB AWE 32 PnP freezing

8. PCMCIA ethernet timeouts?

9. RH 5.2 Install Freezes during Partition Checking

10. Mandrake 8.2 (Kernel 2.4.18) -- Partition check freeze

11. Compaq Presario 1500 : "Partition Check" freeze on startup

12. parport_pc.c PnP BIOS sanity check

13. kernel freezes at partition check