Installing Fore PCA 200e ATM-PCI-Adapter on FreeBSD 5.0?

Installing Fore PCA 200e ATM-PCI-Adapter on FreeBSD 5.0?

Post by Frederik Bremstelle » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 07:54:39

Hi Group,

i am trying to install the card mentioned in the subject on my FreeBSD-5.0
System but when i do a "make depend"
"#error "The fore device requires the old pci compatibility shims"

so what can i add to my kernel-config-file to enable these "old pci
compatibility"?

Thank you in Advance

Frederik Bremsteller, Hannover, Germany

Installing Fore PCA 200e ATM-PCI-Adapter on FreeBSD 5.0?

Post by Thierry Herbelo » Wed, 05 Jun 2002 05:39:49

Hello,

The driver for this ATM card is just in the process of being rewritten :
if you feel adventurous, you can cvsup to the latest sources and play
with your hardware

        TfH

1. Linux [RH5.0], Fore's ATM PCA-200 adapters and LE155 switch

        Hi, everybody,

        In my attempt to "visualize" some capabilities of Linux,
I was trying to have a demo setup with two boxes (P200MMX w/64MB RAM)
with Fore's ForeRunner PCA-200EUX adapters, connected to a LE155 Fore
ATM switch. My question(s !?!) relates to:

        1. What should I do about drivers for the PCI based Fore
adapters?

        2. What would be a good GUI based network analyzer, or packet
sniffer - I am thinking of something along the lines of NextRay, if
you are familiar with it (for ATM, or even IP over ATM - just need
the graphical stuff to depict throughput for the persons whom the
demo is to be setup for), or even a GUI based equivalent of what NT
has in its built-in Network Monitor (now, that I think of it, this
might be even better).

        Any comments or ideas will be more than welcome and
appreciated.

        TIA,
        Stefan

2. Looking for Adaptec AIC-7890 (aka AHA-2940U2W) driver

3. Fore Systems PCA-200, ATM NIC PCI 155MBPS Network card

4. Drivers for diamond fire gl 1000 pro on Sol. 2.7

5. Fore PCA-200E

6. Xwindows Login question

7. Registers on FORE PCA-200 ATM?

8. Eicon.Diva Pro

9. Driver for FORE Systems PCA-200EPC ATM card?

10. Does FreeBSD support FORE's ATM adapter?

11. FreeBSD 3.2 and Fore 200E

12. Linux ATM Driver for Fore adapter ???

13. Fore ATM Adapter driver