Almost no port compiles under new install of 3.2-RELEASE

Almost no port compiles under new install of 3.2-RELEASE

Post by Joe Blaze » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I'm having a terrible time getting basic ports to compile on a machine that
I just setup with 3.2-RELEASE. Ports I've tried are:

lynx
less
samba

(latest versions of each)

Amazingly, bash compiled and installed, but that's the only thing I've
gotten to run.

Here's any example error:

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -I.  -I..  -Ichrtrans  -I./chrtrans  -I..  -I../src  -I
../WWW/Library/Implementation   -O -pipe -c ./LYUtils.c
./LYUtils.c:5414: conflicting types for `remove'
/usr/include/stdio.h:232: previous declaration of `remove'
*** Error code 1

I'm fairly new at this, but I did manage to setup a smooth running
3.1-RELEASE on my previous computer, and had no such problems. Any advice
will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Almost no port compiles under new install of 3.2-RELEASE

Post by Steven G. Kar » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm having a terrible time getting basic ports to compile on a machine that
> I just setup with 3.2-RELEASE. Ports I've tried are:

> lynx
> less
> samba

> (latest versions of each)

> I'm fairly new at this, but I did manage to setup a smooth running
> 3.1-RELEASE on my previous computer, and had no such problems. Any advice
> will be appreciated.

Do you have an up-to-date /usr/ports/Mk?  This contains several files
that the Makefiles under /usr/ports uses.   If Mk is out of sync
with the Makefiles in lynx, less, and samba, you probably will
experience problems.

--
Steve