NCPU and other SMP options not supported in 4.3?

NCPU and other SMP options not supported in 4.3?

Post by JH Fo » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 19:09:49

Hi all,

I'm trying to install SMP support in my 4.3 kernel. I followed the
documentation in the Handbook and tried into include the other options like
NCPU, NBUS...

However, when I tried to rebuild the kernel: make buildkernel
KERNCONF=NEWCONFIG, the compiler popped out an error saying that it does not
recognise option NCPU and every other option for SMP. Does this mean that
4.3 onwards these options are not required?

Please comment.

NCPU and other SMP options not supported in 4.3?

Post by Volker Sto » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:21:48

Quote:> However, when I tried to rebuild the kernel: make buildkernel
> KERNCONF=NEWCONFIG, the compiler popped out an error saying that it does not
> recognise option NCPU and every other option for SMP. Does this mean that
> 4.3 onwards these options are not required?

Only
options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
options         APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O
remain (check LINT!), this should suffice.
--
Schlapphte bei G00gle? http://cryptome.org/mc-gehee.htm