Graphical Interface question

Post by Koncepto » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I've recently been able to pick up a copy of FreeBSD 2.2.5.  Upon
post-configuration, I choose graphical interface (x-something-86), the
screen says it may take a while, I click ok, yada yada yada.  It first
turns to the grill effect, then a completely white screen, then finally a
black bar moveable by TAB and the arrow keys.  I let it stay like this for
about an hour and a half, until I got sick and tired of waiting.  Any help?
(I did recieve a screen once with the cursor, but the screen was centered
on the right edge of the computer and I wasn't able to read the message
displayed).

Thanks alot.

Konceptor.

Post by Michael Jaskowia » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> I've recently been able to pick up a copy of FreeBSD 2.2.5.  Upon
> post-configuration, I choose graphical interface (x-something-86), the
> screen says it may take a while, I click ok, yada yada yada.  It first
> turns to the grill effect, then a completely white screen, then finally a
> black bar moveable by TAB and the arrow keys.  I let it stay like this for
> about an hour and a half, until I got sick and tired of waiting.  Any help?
> (I did recieve a screen once with the cursor, but the screen was centered
> on the right edge of the computer and I wasn't able to read the message
> displayed).

> Thanks alot.

> Konceptor.

How about some idea of the hardware involved? =-)

Graphical Interface question

Post by Koncepto » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Sorry, stupidity overcame.

I'm running a custom-built PC; 233 Mhz PII, 32 MB SDRAM, 15" monitor w/ VGA
(it's one of those no-name monitors), 600 * 800 res, 4.2 gig HD
(I know... I'm working on the hardware; SVGA and more RAM  ;^)

Thanx

<snip>

Quote:> How about some idea of the hardware involved? =-)

Post by Mike » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Sorry, stupidity overcame.

> I'm running a custom-built PC; 233 Mhz PII, 32 MB SDRAM, 15" monitor w/ VGA
> (it's one of those no-name monitors), 600 * 800 res, 4.2 gig HD
> (I know... I'm working on the hardware; SVGA and more RAM  ;^)

> Thanx

> <snip>

> > How about some idea of the hardware involved? =-)

Have you tried using xf86Config (the shell script) instead of the
graphical configuration tool?

Mike

1. graphical interface for MRTG

Looking to persuade management to migrate heavily to MRTG.
Does anyone know of a GUI interface similar to NNM (Network Node Management)
that comes with HP OpenView that would allow for a graphical rendition of
the network using icons for separate servers, etc.? Trying to stay away
from proprietary solutions. I remember something like this using Queso
several years ago, but can't seem to find it now.
Thanks.
KJ

2. how to access log name inside the log definition

3. red hat 6.1 graphical install interface...where is it?

4. RARP

5. graphical interface for dumb unix workstations

6. Problem installing a perl module

7. Tcl/Tk interface to NIS+ / Graphical frontend to NIS+

8. 2Q's: Mounting vfat readonly and dialup settings

9. Graphical X Interface (GNOME)

10. How to install Mandrake 8.0 without graphical interface

11. xview3.2p1-X11R6-LinuxELF.3 - Graphical user-interface toolkit

12. Rapid Graphical Interface Development with "GLADE"

13. Graphical Interface Q