High-Speed Connection on FreeBSD 4.4

Post by Stephane Auge » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 08:49:10

Hi,

  just to specify, I've got a 1.2Gb CPU, 256Mb of RAM.  My ethernet card is
configured under vr0 and works ok.  When I try to configure my high-speed
modem, everything goes fine.  Once I try to connect, it times-out.  I'm new
with this, and don't know what to do.  Help!!!!

High-Speed Connection on FreeBSD 4.4

Post by Daniel Meyne » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 15:26:22

Stephane Auger a crit :

Quote:> Hi,

>   just to specify, I've got a 1.2Gb CPU, 256Mb of RAM.  My ethernet card is
> configured under vr0 and works ok.  When I try to configure my high-speed
> modem, everything goes fine.  Once I try to connect, it times-out.  I'm new
> with this, and don't know what to do.  Help!!!!

What is your "high-speed connection"?  ADSL?

Explain more, please...

High-Speed Connection on FreeBSD 4.4

Post by Bria » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 15:46:40

Quote:> Hi,

>   just to specify, I've got a 1.2Gb CPU, 256Mb of RAM.  My ethernet card
is
> configured under vr0 and works ok.  When I try to configure my high-speed
> modem, everything goes fine.  Once I try to connect, it times-out.  I'm
new
> with this, and don't know what to do.  Help!!!!

you have a 1.2 gigabyte cpu? is that the cache size? damn...that must be
quick

(i think u mean 1.2 GHz)

1. FreeBSD CDs fail on high-speed CD-ROM drive?

Folks:

I just bought a Plextor 12/20x CAV CD-ROM reader.  And I like it a lot for
digital audio extraction, which it does very fast and very accurately.  But
when I tried to use it to install the new 2.2.5 distribution, it kept on
getting read errors.  Console messages would pop up saying "Unit attention"
and that the SCSI bus had been reset.  My old 4x CD-ROM had no problems
with the install disks, so I installed with it.  Then I went back to the
Plextor to read the source tree from Disk 2, and again, the same errors.

Now, I know some disks can't be used with high-speed readers --
custom-burned CDs often have this problem.  But the silver mastered FreeBSD
disks?

Did I just get a bad drive?

-David.

2. Network printing from Solaris to SysV

3. Linux and high speed IP connections

4. Thanks and lpd problem

5. High speed connections

6. XFree86 complains about TCP. Now what?

7. Dial into Linux to access Internet through high speed connection

8. in.timed = year 2036?

9. ISDN high speed serial connections

10. High-speed modem at built-in serial port (RS/6000)

11. Help with high-speed serial port setup (115.2k baud)

12. USENIX Symposium on High-Speed Networking

13. [CFT] High-speed PC serial ports.