Laptop SCSI (Adaptec 1480) Support

Post by James Par » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Does FreeBSD support the Adaptec 1480 SCSI laptop card? I've seen the
1460 listed in the PAO documentation, but wasn't sure about the 32 bit
version.

Also, what other SCSI PCcard options are there other than adaptec? I'd
like Win98/DOS/FreeBSD compatibility. Apparently the 1480 doesn't work
in a clean DOS environment.

                                --James
--
The written word is all that stands between memory and oblivion. Without
books as our anchors, we are cast adrift neither teaching, nor learning.

Laptop SCSI (Adaptec 1480) Support

Post by Byoung-Kee Y » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I thought the pccard SCSI support had been dropped in 3.X releases.
Am I missing something?

Kee

> Does FreeBSD support the Adaptec 1480 SCSI laptop card? I've seen the
> 1460 listed in the PAO documentation, but wasn't sure about the 32 bit
> version.
> Also, what other SCSI PCcard options are there other than adaptec? I'd
> like Win98/DOS/FreeBSD compatibility. Apparently the 1480 doesn't work
> in a clean DOS environment.
>                            --James
> --
> The written word is all that stands between memory and oblivion. Without
> books as our anchors, we are cast adrift neither teaching, nor learning.
> They are windows on the past, mirrors on the present, and prisms reflecting
> all possible futures. Books are lighthouses erected in the dark sea of
> time.                           --Greg Weisman (Gargoyles)

--

 )      or        )   phone: 301-405-2714    )  University of Maryland  (
(  `Kee', simply (                          (   College Park MD 20742    )