CVSup problem

Post by René Frej Niels » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 04:32:13

Hi!

I would like to update my ports collection with CVSup and did what is
described in the FreeBSD handbook. I've copied the ports-supfile to
/root and edited the two lines with the server address. It has worked
for me before on a previous install.

Now I only get this message:

sd# cvsup -g -L 2 /root/ports-supfile
Parsing supfile "/root/ports-supfile"
Release not specified for collection "host=cvsup.dk.FreeBSD.org"

I get the same thing with the Swedish and Norgwegian collections. Can
anybody tell me what this means?

I'm running FreeBSD 4.5 and CVSup 1.6 is installed.

--
Ren Frej Nielsen

CVSup problem

Post by Steven G. Kar » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 05:01:49

Quote:> I get the same thing with the Swedish and Norgwegian collections. Can
> anybody tell me what this means?

Post the contents of the supfile.

--
Steve
http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~kargl/

CVSup problem

Post by René Frej Niels » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 05:46:10

> > I get the same thing with the Swedish and Norgwegian collections. Can
> > anybody tell me what this means?

> Post the contents of the supfile.

It's the standard example file with just the host modified...

# $FreeBSD: src/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile,v 1.19.2.5 2001/04/22
16:52:5
3 asami Exp $
#
# This file contains all of the "CVSup collections" that make up the
# FreeBSD-current ports collection.
#
# CVSup (CVS Update Protocol) allows you to download the latest CVS
# tree (or any branch of development therefrom) to your system easily
# and efficiently (far more so than with sup, which CVSup is aimed
# at replacing).  If you're running CVSup interactively, and are
# currently using an X display server, you should run CVSup as follows
# to keep your CVS tree up-to-date:
#
#       cvsup ports-supfile
#
# If not running X, or invoking cvsup from a non-interactive script,
then
# run it as follows:
#
#       cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile
#
# You may wish to change some of the settings in this file to better
# suit your system:
#
host=cvsup.dk.FreeBSD.org
#               This specifies the server host which will supply the
#               file updates.  You must change it to one of the CVSup
#               mirror sites listed in the FreeBSD Handbook at
#               http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
#               You can override this setting on the command line
#               with cvsup's "-h host" option.
#
# base=/usr
#               This specifies the root where CVSup will store
information
#               about the collections you have transferred to your
system.
#               A setting of "/usr" will generate this information in
#               /usr/sup.  Even if you are CVSupping a large number of
#               collections, you will be hard pressed to generate more
than
#               ~1MB of data in this directory.  You can override the
#               "base" setting on the command line with cvsup's "-b
base"
#               option.  This directory must exist in order to run
CVSup.
#
# prefix=/usr
#               This specifies where to place the requested files.  A
#               setting of "/usr" will place all of the files requested
#               in "/usr/ports" (e.g., "/usr/ports/devel",
"/usr/ports/lang").
#               The prefix directory must exist in order to run CVSup.

# Defaults that apply to all the collections
#
# IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror sites
# listed at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
*default host=cvsup.dk.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following
line.
*default compress

## Ports Collection.
#
# The easiest way to get the ports tree is to use the "ports-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "ports-*"
# collections,
ports-all

# These are the individual collections that make up "ports-all".  If you
# use these, be sure to comment out "ports-all" above.
#
# Be sure to ALWAYS cvsup the ports-base collection if you use any of
the
# other individual collections below. ports-base is a mandatory
collection
# for the ports collection, and your ports may not build correctly if it
# is not kept up to date.
#ports-base
#ports-archivers
#ports-astro
#ports-audio
#ports-benchmarks
#ports-biology
#ports-cad
#ports-chinese
#ports-comms
#ports-converters
#ports-databases
#ports-deskutils
#ports-devel
#ports-editors
#ports-emulators
#ports-french
#ports-ftp
#ports-games
#ports-german
#ports-graphics
#ports-hebrew
#ports-irc
#ports-japanese
#ports-java
#ports-korean
#ports-lang
#ports-mail
#ports-math
#ports-mbone
#ports-misc
#ports-net
#ports-news
#ports-palm
#ports-picobsd
#ports-print
#ports-russian
#ports-science
#ports-security
#ports-shells
#ports-sysutils
#ports-textproc
#ports-ukrainian
#ports-vietnamese
#ports-www
#ports-x11
#ports-x11-clocks
#ports-x11-fm
#ports-x11-fonts
#ports-x11-servers
#ports-x11-toolkits
#ports-x11-wm

--
Ren Frej Nielsen

CVSup problem

Post by annel.. » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:12:18

>> > I get the same thing with the Swedish and Norgwegian collections. Can
>> > anybody tell me what this means?

>> Post the contents of the supfile.
> It's the standard example file with just the host modified...

You modified the host twice.  See below for the line to comment out
(i.e., put a # in front of it).

Quote:> # $FreeBSD: src/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile,v 1.19.2.5 2001/04/22
> 16:52:5
> 3 asami Exp $
> #
> # This file contains all of the "CVSup collections" that make up the
> # FreeBSD-current ports collection.
> #
> # CVSup (CVS Update Protocol) allows you to download the latest CVS
> # tree (or any branch of development therefrom) to your system easily
> # and efficiently (far more so than with sup, which CVSup is aimed
> # at replacing).  If you're running CVSup interactively, and are
> # currently using an X display server, you should run CVSup as follows
> # to keep your CVS tree up-to-date:
> #
> #       cvsup ports-supfile
> #
> # If not running X, or invoking cvsup from a non-interactive script,
> then
> # run it as follows:
> #
> #       cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile
> #
> # You may wish to change some of the settings in this file to better
> # suit your system:
> #

Comment out the following line; it's being read as the name of a
collection.

Quote:> host=cvsup.dk.FreeBSD.org

[...]

        Annnelise

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of:               FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC