CNN: freeSourcers ask MS for refund

Post by Tom Woo » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

CNN: Linux and other open source users ask Microsoft for refund.

Hehe, Microsoft suck!

Post by DrBoo » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> CNN: Linux and other open source users ask Microsoft for refund.

> Hehe, Microsoft suck!

No ... Microsoft is increasingly irrelevant, at least to me. I wouldn't
buy their stock at this point.

-j

Post by Donn Mille » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> > CNN: Linux and other open source users ask Microsoft for refund.

> > Hehe, Microsoft suck!

> No ... Microsoft is increasingly irrelevant, at least to me. I wouldn't
> buy their stock at this point.

The thing I like most about Win98 is...  you can download FreeBSD and Linux
with it.  Maybe M$ will release the source code to Win98/NT?  That would be
nice, because it would be easier to fix the bugs... just CVS the changes to
the Win98 source tree and do a "make World". (,-)

Donn

Post by Ted Sikor » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> > > CNN: Linux and other open source users ask Microsoft for refund.

> > > Hehe, Microsoft suck!

> > No ... Microsoft is increasingly irrelevant, at least to me. I wouldn't
> > buy their stock at this point.

> The thing I like most about Win98 is...  you can download FreeBSD and Linux
> with it.  Maybe M$ will release the source code to Win98/NT?  That would be
> nice, because it would be easier to fix the bugs... just CVS the changes to
> the Win98 source tree and do a "make World". (,-)

> Donn

Ha! It would be a cold day in... before we see that.

--
Ted Sikora

http://tsikora.tiac.net

1. no MS refund for GTE ADSL users

[ Attached Message ]

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 10:26:44 -0500
Subject: no MS refund for GTE ADSL users
When we call GTE--Bell Atlantic too?-- the first thing the
sales rep says is the conversation is being taped. Then they
tell us that linux "won't work", and windows is required.
I've heard they will disconnect service if they find out
you're running linux. We have to lie and say we're running
windows, and sometimes their installer refuses to hand
over the modem and splitter and get out of the house
with his stinking windows CD, and he has the
already-turned-on ADSL turned OFF.

So, what do you want to bet MS denies linux users
refunds based on GTE tape recordings where we
confessed under duress to using windows? We're
going to concentration camps, I tell you.

-Bob

2. video card suggestion wanted

3. CNN gives MS an F in security

4. multiple ports, different DocumentRoots with apache?

5. MS sez NO REFUNDS for unused Windows

6. Apache access log

7. New PC buyers: Get a refund on MS WIndows!

8. badenclosures: imap/smtp client daemon to ask MS Office enclosure senders to refrain

9. where to ask:ms mouse driver, recent changes?

10. 6:30 pm Thursday 6 March 2003 Refund Day II: Adam Kosmin takes Toshiba to court for the refund that the EULA guarantees

11. NYC LOCAL: 6:30 pm Wednesday 23 April 2003 Refund Day II: The case of Adam Kosmin vs. Toshiba, in the matter of Adam's refund, will be tried.

12. NYC LOCAL: Correction: 6:30 pm Wednesday 5 March 2003 Refund Day II: Adam Kosmin takes Toshiba to court for the refund that the EULA guarantees