Remote host failure on email

Post by Rudi Ahler » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:43:00

64.156.215.6 failed after I sent the message. Remote host said: 552 Put
,E=\r\n at the end of Mether, Mtcp, or Msmtp in sendmail.cf if you are using
Solaris 2.5 (fixed in 2.5.1). I cannot accept
messages with stray newlines.  Many SMTP servers will time out waiting for
\r\n.\r\n.

Can someone tell me what this means? I use qmail, and dialup to send mail.
Basically, my intarnal clients send email to the server, then the server
dials up to the net, and the mails get send, thus it doesn't get routed via
an ISP.
--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Compassion is difficult to give away because it keeps coming back.

1. GNU-tar to remote host and "host lookup failure"

Hi,

I have installed gnu tar on my DecUnix "hostA" to access a tape device on a
remote host (DecUnix "hostB"), but when I do the following on hostA:

# gtar  cvf  hostB:/dev/nrmt0h  *

I get the following error:

sh: Host name lookup failure
gtar: Cannot open hostB:/dev/nrmt0h: I/O error
gtar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

My DNS is working fine. hostB is in the DNS, I can ping hostB, .rhosts is
available on hostB, etc.
I can rsh between the 2 hosts without problems.

What can the problem be please.
Many thanks!!

2. Help install X386_Mono

3. Need: a simple send only email client to remote smtp host...

4. X - Black screen - won't start because of a FONT?!?

5. Problem dumping remote host (linux) to SCO host

6. Group / count with UNIX shell

7. Get 'cannot connect to host', yet can ping remote host!!

8. DOSEMU problems

9. Solaris 2.6: access to remote printers, change of the remote host

10. lpr; must remote host be in hosts.equiv?

11. E-Mail E-Mail E-Mail

12. extract email from text file and send an email to the email address

13. Email POP server login failure