Questions about sound utilities

Post by RV » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hello list:

This time I like to ask about sound utilities. Are there any
"professional" quality audio editors out there? Anything like CakeWalk
for Windows? Also, any utilities that would let me convert .wav and
.mp3 back to CD format? Thanks in advance, RV.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by naisbod » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> Also, any utilities that would let me convert .wav and .mp3 back to
> CD format?

sox will convert wav to aiff.

  $ whereis sox
  sox: /usr/ports/audio/sox

mpg123 will convert mp3 to wav.

  $ whereis mpg123
  mpg123: /usr/ports/audio/mpg123

--

http://www.naisbodo.com/

Post by dinsd.. » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> Hello list:

> This time I like to ask about sound utilities. Are there any
> "professional" quality audio editors out there? Anything like CakeWalk
> for Windows?

slab http://www.veryComputer.com/

Also, any utilities that would let me convert .wav and

Quote:> .mp3 back to CD format? Thanks in advance, RV.

Piles of em,  check ports collection and also check freshmeat
 as most of those build fine under FreeBSD.  Too many to list really.

--
Death before dishonor.
* before lunch.

Questions about sound utilities

Post by dinsd.. » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

correction
Quote:> slab http://slabexchange.org