making an ssl certificate

Post by David Bea » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:57:31

I'm assuming that openssl is installed because openssh needs it.
If so, are there any documents that describe how to make a certificate?

I would like to get ssl enabled on my apache server, and so far the
instructions I've seen in the various books don't seem to fit.

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs/ASU

making an ssl certificate

Post by Paul Southwor » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:34:52

Quote:>I'm assuming that openssl is installed because openssh needs it.
>If so, are there any documents that describe how to make a certificate?

>I would like to get ssl enabled on my apache server, and so far the
>instructions I've seen in the various books don't seem to fit.

So far I have just used the Apache+mod_ssl port to do this.

cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl
make
make certificate TYPE=custom

--Paul

making an ssl certificate

Post by Mat » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:00:16

Quote:>I'm assuming that openssl is installed because openssh needs it.
>If so, are there any documents that describe how to make a certificate?

Go to the source....
http://www.apache-ssl.org/

Quote:>I would like to get ssl enabled on my apache server, and so far the
>instructions I've seen in the various books don't seem to fit.

>--
>David Bear
>College of Public Programs/ASU
>480-965-8257
>...the way is like water, going where nobody wants it to go

Matt

making an ssl certificate

Post by Berk S. Daemo » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:19:17

Quote:> I'm assuming that openssl is installed because openssh needs it.
> If so, are there any documents that describe how to make a certificate?

> I would like to get ssl enabled on my apache server, and so far the
> instructions I've seen in the various books don't seem to fit.

> --
> David Bear
> College of Public Programs/ASU
> 480-965-8257
> ...the way is like water, going where nobody wants it to go

man openssl

1. Old machine Tomcat+SSL, new machine Apache+SSL - new certificates needed?

A new customer of ours uses Tomcat+SSL on their current machine.
I've set up a new machine for them using Apache+SSL, however I'm
unclear about migrating certificates.  Is that possible or do I have to
server.crt and server.key in their Tomcat+SSL setup.  It has .csr and
.cer files.

Thx,

Skip Montanaro

2. Q: "end" variable in arch/i386/boot/compressed/misc.c

3. Can't convert my netscape ssl certificate for use with Apache-SSL

4. When you need more SPACE

5. Apache-SSL and problems with SSL certificate

6. SENDMAIL does not return messages that err

7. New SSL certificate for existing server

8. SATA

9. How to get a Certificate from MS CA for SSL connection !HELP!

10. apache + ssl + certificate +netscape = error?

11. Geotrust SSL certificates on Cobalt RAQ servers

12. SSL/certificates and ACLs

13. Apache SSL Certificates