Q: Is bus mastering with IDE drives using Triton chipset suppported?

Post by J Wuns » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I would like to know if FreeBSD supports bus mastering with EIDE
> drives (ATA,ATA-2) on motherboards which use the Triton chipset.

No.  Nobody wrote them yet, and a fair amount of all the EIDE chipsets
around is known to have broken busmastering anyway.

--
cheers, J"org

Post by Savas Pavlid » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I would like to know if FreeBSD supports bus mastering with EIDE
drives (ATA,ATA-2) on motherboards which use the Triton chipset. There
are already drivers for Win95, WinNT and OS/2 by Intel. I red in an
article that Linux have bus mastering drivers as well.

Savas Pavlidis