Enlightenment Window Manager

Post by Mark Cartwrig » Thu, 11 Sep 1997 04:00:00

        Has anyone successfully installed Enl wm (and therefore all
the stuff that it needs to get that far)?  I have been fighting with
this thing passivly for about 2 weeks now with no luck, and was just
wondering if there was something special that needed to be done on a
FreeBSD machine (outside of the fact that the INSTALL scripts don;t
work and you need to compile them manually).
        Any tips here would be great.

Mark A Cartwright
HQ SSG/SSXL Lan Administration
Gunter AFB, AL

Post by Kartik Naray » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

:       Has anyone successfully installed Enl wm (and therefore all
: the stuff that it needs to get that far)?  I have been fighting with
: this thing passivly for about 2 weeks now with no luck, and was just
: wondering if there was something special that needed to be done on a
: FreeBSD machine (outside of the fact that the INSTALL scripts don;t
: work and you need to compile them manually).
:       Any tips here would be great.

I installed E with no problems at all abt 3 weeks ago. I'm using FreeBSD
2.2.1, Did you get the Imlib set of libraries from the enlightenment page?
The URL is below

http://www.rasterman.com/download.html

Ps: I installed E and uninstalled it a day later. It seems to slow down
my machine no end. Prefer Afterstep anyday. It's cleaner and leaner and
meaner... :)

--KN
Kartik  Narayan
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Department of Electrical Engineering, NUS

Address : E 401, Sheares Hall, NUS, Singapore 119260

URL     : http://googoo.ipv6.irdu.nus.sg/~kartik

Post by Jordan K. Hubbar » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>         Has anyone successfully installed Enl wm (and therefore all
> the stuff that it needs to get that far)?  I have been fighting with

People really need to use the ports collection more for this kind of
thing - it's a very simple 3 step process with ports:

Port:   imlib-0.4
Info:   a graphic library for enlightenment package

Index:  graphics
B-deps: gmake-3.75
R-deps:

Port:   enlightenment-0.9
Info:   a very artistic X window manager.

Index:  x11
B-deps: gmake-3.75 imlib-0.4
R-deps: imlib-0.4 jpeg-6a

.. off we go, no problems at all, and build/install ..

--
- Jordan Hubbard
  FreeBSD core team / Walnut Creek CDROM.

Enlightenment Window Manager

Post by Anthony Jenkin » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

There's a search engine in the ports collection?!?!  *NOW* someone tells
me!

--
Anthony Jenkins
http://www.auburn.edu/~jenkian

-------------
"God is as real as I am," the old man replied.  My faith was
restored, for I knew Santa would never lie.

Post by stephen farrel » Sat, 13 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> There's a search engine in the ports collection?!?!  *NOW* someone tells
> me!

Yeah... but, what's it needed for.  You can just go to
/usr/ports/x11/enlightenment and type make all install and it'll go
and compile all of the dependencies...

Post by Jordan K. Hubbar » Sat, 13 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> There's a search engine in the ports collection?!?!  *NOW* someone tells
> me!

Of course there's a search engine in the ports collection. Everything is
in the ports collection. ;-)

--
- Jordan Hubbard
  FreeBSD core team / Walnut Creek CDROM.

Enlightenment Window Manager

Post by Jordan K. Hubbar » Sat, 13 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> > There's a search engine in the ports collection?!?!  *NOW* someone tells
> > me!

> Yeah... but, what's it needed for.  You can just go to
> /usr/ports/x11/enlightenment and type make all install and it'll go
> and compile all of the dependencies...

Yeah, but you needed to *find* it there, first.  Sure, maybe you knew
that enlightenment was in the x11 category because of what you knew
about the port itself.  But let's say I told you to suddenly go find me
the spim port - what would be the fastest way of doing that? ;-)

--

Post by Giao Nguye » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> > There's a search engine in the ports collection?!?!  *NOW* someone tells
> > me!
> Of course there's a search engine in the ports collection. Everything is
> in the ports collection. ;-)

Even Hoffa, the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus? =)

I love ports. It made my life so much easier. Who came up with the idea?
I owe him beer.

--
Giao Nguyen

Post by Jordan K. Hubbar » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> > Of course there's a search engine in the ports collection. Everything is
> > in the ports collection. ;-)

> Even Hoffa, the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus? =)

Somewhere, yes.  I may have to refine the search tool. ;)

Quote:> I love ports. It made my life so much easier. Who came up with the idea?
> I owe him beer.

Sorry, I don't drink but I appreciate the sentiment. ;)

--
- Jordan Hubbard
  FreeBSD core team / Walnut Creek CDROM.

Enlightenment Window Manager

Post by Giao Nguye » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> > I love ports. It made my life so much easier. Who came up with the idea?
> > I owe him beer.
> Sorry, I don't drink but I appreciate the sentiment. ;)

Bummer. Well, if you're ever in *ia (and my there's a lot of us
FreeBSD folks in *ia), I'll snag you a 12 pack of your choice of
sodas. You do drink soda's right? =)

Quote:> --

Post by Patrick M. Hause » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> > > There's a search engine in the ports collection?!?!  *NOW* someone
tells
> > > me!

> > Yeah... but, what's it needed for.  You can just go to
> > /usr/ports/x11/enlightenment and type make all install and it'll go
> > and compile all of the dependencies...

> Yeah, but you needed to *find* it there, first.  Sure, maybe you knew
> that enlightenment was in the x11 category because of what you knew
> about the port itself.  But let's say I told you to suddenly go find me
> the spim port - what would be the fastest way of doing that? ;-)

echo /usr/ports/*/spim          ???

Patrick

--
WEB Internet Services, Waldstr. 49, D-76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
Tel. +49 721 9109 0, Fax +49 721 9109 100, http://www.punkt.de/

Post by Jordan K. Hubbar » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> > Yeah, but you needed to *find* it there, first.  Sure, maybe you knew
> > that enlightenment was in the x11 category because of what you knew
> > about the port itself.  But let's say I told you to suddenly go find me
> > the spim port - what would be the fastest way of doing that? ;-)

> echo /usr/ports/*/spim          ???

OK, so I picked a bad example - the port's name is not *always* also its
directory name. ;-)

--
- Jordan Hubbard
  FreeBSD core team / Walnut Creek CDROM.

1. Emacs keybindings in Enlightenment Window Manager

Hi,

  I am trying to change keybindings in the Enlightenment window
manager. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

  In the default setting of Enlightenment I got from RedHat
distribution,
quite a few keybindings for emacs, e.g., C-M-a, C-M-b, etc. are no
longer
available.

 I have tried to use enlightenment-conf 0.15 to fix it. But in the
listed
keybinding combinations (that I can delete), I can not find any of
them.

  There is a configuration file in my home directory:

.enlightenment/.usr.share.enlightenment.config.keybindings.cfg.preparsed,

but I can not understand the format of the file and thus can not use it
make any change.

 Can someone "enlighten" me on this? Thanks a lot.

            Kai

p.s., all these lost keybindings, however, can be achieved with
additionally
pressing the shift key. I.e., c-m-s-a will do what c-m-a used to do. But

that seems awkward to me.

2. PTY: PROBLEM SOLVED

3. Enlightenment Window Manager freezes X

4. SCSI Sadness - Adaptec 6360

5. Enlightenment window manager

6. ISA SVGA card in PS/1 under XFree86?

7. How can I start KDE/enlightenment window manager automatically at login?

8. Linux on IBM Aptiva 350?

9. enlightenment window manager

10. Enlightenment Window Manager

11. Enlightenment Window Manager help

12. Enlightenment Window Manager

13. Help with loading Enlightenment window manager