NATD problem

Post by twea » Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:46:42

recently ive noticed when i upload files from my windows pc (behind my fbsd
natd) it only uploads at 9KB... if i transfer the files over my LAN to the
fbsd box then send it out from the fbsd box i hit my max upload speed ..

any ideas about fixing this would be great
thanks

NATD problem

Post by Kris Kielhofne » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 00:41:10

> recently ive noticed when i upload files from my windows pc (behind my fbsd
> natd) it only uploads at 9KB... if i transfer the files over my LAN to the
> fbsd box then send it out from the fbsd box i hit my max upload speed ..

> any ideas about fixing this would be great
> thanks

Could you please provide us with more details, like network cards used,
general network layout, and versions of said software?

--
Kris Kielhofner

NATD problem

Post by twea » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 04:57:45

nic == linksys 10/100
network layout == cablemodem -> fbsd -> 8port switch
freebsd 4.6/ natd 2.0

1. natd problem - natd[121]: failed to write packet back (Permission denied).

I have FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE installed and using NATD and IPFW.    With
IPFIREWALL and DIVERT enabled.   I get this:  natd[121]: failed to write
packet back (Permission denied).

When I add IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT to the kernel, I don't see the
error. So I assume it to be a firewall rule issue.

I'm using the rc.firewall but adding the "log" keyword to many of the
commands.  My ipfw command for the natd is:
natd_interface="xl0"           # Public interface.
ipfw  add divert natd all from any to any via ${natd_interface}

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

John Mulkerin

2. Q: Linux host out of reach from guest Windows during operaton

3. natd problems

4. 3 button USB mouse?

5. ipfw + natd problem

6. procps 3.1.9

7. natd problems

8. "WinDevices" Is this a conspiracy?

9. Firewall and Natd problem..

10. NATD problem -failed to write packet back (Permission denied).

11. intermittent natd problems w/2.2.7 - other strangeness

12. Natd, Problem with Seperate Hubs

13. ipfw + natd problem