xv make problem

Post by Paul Southwor » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>xv.h:119: conflicting types for `sys_errlist'
>/usr/include/stdio.h:225: previous declaration of `sys_errlist'

Hmm, do you have an old 'port' kit for this?  I built a moderately
recent version on FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE and had no trouble.

On line 119 of xv.h, you'll see something like:

#  ifndef __NetBSD__
     extern char *sys_errlist[];     /* this too... */
#  endif

Which should also apply to FreeBSD.  In my port kit for xv, this
is fixed via a patch in the 'jp-extension' add-on.  Perhaps you left
out that part?  Anyway, all of the 4.4BSD-derived operating systems
already have sys_errlist and don't need it declared.

Quote:>BTW, I can't use the package because the graphics lib are also compiled
>by me so that WindowMaker works and they don't seem to work with
>packages.

A better way to go, in that case, would be to put your WindowMaker-specific
libraries in a special separate directory where they won't be inflicted
upon other applications.  That way you can have hacked versions installed
as needed, but still have the "stock" ports for general use.

Or, you can link WindowMaker with static versions of the hacked libraries
and not install them at all.

--Paul

1. Problems with XV

Hi,

I'm having a problem running XV from ny of the window managers. I try to
start up XV and I get the foll. Message :

/bin/sh : Cannot execute binary xv
/bin/sh : Exec format error.

Any idea what this error means ? I checked for the file xv and it's in the
correct place and is a proper Linux executable.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Satish

2. One computer only on home net having DNS lookup trouble

3. Problems with "Load file dialog" in xv-3.01

4. backup for 'rm'?

5. problem running xv and others in linux .99pl4 (SLS 1.0)

6. Trident at 1024x768 in 16 bpp

7. XV installation problem

8. scsi disk partition tables

9. Problem with xv