RAID support for Gateway-supplied RAID controller?

RAID support for Gateway-supplied RAID controller?

Post by Brian O'Neil » Tue, 09 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking at the possibility of switching our news server (currently
an older Alpha with little disk space - in comparison to whats needed
today.

One possibility is a server from Gateway, which I'd like to run FreeBSD
on.

Does FreeBSD have support, or is support planned, for the RAID
controllers supplied by Gateway? All it lists is "XMb 3 Channel ADAC
RAID Card".

Would ccd work nearly as well?

Brian O'Neill - Director of Computing, Computer Science (978) 934-3645

Acting Postmaster