RPC Libray informations

Post by Roberto Deandre » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I have a question for FreeBSD users.

Where can I find librpc.a for FreeBSD ?
I need this library because I have to build a PCNFSD server.

Regards.

Roberto Deandrea

RPC Libray informations

Post by Bill Pa » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Daring to challenge the will of the almighty Leviam00se, Roberto Deandrea

: I have a question for FreeBSD users.

: Where can I find librpc.a for FreeBSD ?

You don't need this. RPC support is built into the standard C library
(libc) on FreeBSD.

: I need this library because I have to build a PCNFSD server.

No, you _think_ you need this because you didn't take the time to
actually sit down and experiment with the pcnfsd Makefile. Either that,
or you've managed to stumble across some other problem and have mistakenly
concluded that you need a separate RPC library to fix it.

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (212) 854-6020 | System Manager, Master of Unix-Fu

  "Now, that's "Open" as used in the sentence "Open your wallet", right?"

1. How to use rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd?

[Q2] Stupid but non-FAQ NFS question #2:
Thanks for the help of finding out the rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rcp.nfsd.
Still, after reading the NFS-FAQ, Linux Network Admin Guide, none of these guys
seem to work at all.  I still get the message of RPC fault: program is not
registered.  I guess I really need a cookbook example.

Let's say I have machines A and B which both of them can telnet and ftp to each
other.  In other words, they are properly connected.  Now, this is how I did.
I add three statements at the begninning of the rc.inet2 at machine A:

/usr/sbin/rpc.portmap
/usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd
/bin/mount -t nfs B:/home /mnt

Then, I add /mnt B[rw] at /etc/exports at machine A.
Then, reboot machine A, and it prompts RPC fault: program is not registered.
Can anyone provide me an idiot-proof way of attacking this?  Thanks.
BTW, someone mention "premeter".  What is that?

--

Salem

2. ISDN Compression worth it?

3. Where are rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd?

4. Mach64-Graphics PRO TURBO-HELP

5. Dangers of rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd

6. real-time execution profiler

7. RPC 4.0 vs RPC 4.1 vs TI RPC

8. Anti-hammering with IPtables?

9. Comparison bet soap rpc, dce rpc and sun rpc

10. RPC Protocol Information

11. Information Request: DCE Compliant RPC for HP and Sparc

12. Information Request: DCE compliant RPC for HP and Sparc

13. Basic RPC information: where is it available???