CDRom Mounting Problems

Post by Peter William Loun » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I've solved the problem and have mounted the cdrom.

The device is /dev/wcd0c. Why?

Can anyone give a clear explaination as to the cdrom devices in /dev and
what they all are for? There seem to be a lot of devices with *cd* in them!

Is there a way to have the cdrom automount (once I solve this current
problem) when it's put into the drive?

All the best,

Peter William Lount

http://www.smalltalk.org

CDRom Mounting Problems

Post by MeatHea » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I've solved the problem and have mounted the cdrom.

> The device is /dev/wcd0c. Why?

> Can anyone give a clear explaination as to the cdrom devices in /dev and
> what they all are for? There seem to be a lot of devices with *cd* in
them!

> Is there a way to have the cdrom automount (once I solve this current
> problem) when it's put into the drive?

> All the best,

> Peter William Lount

> http://www.smalltalk.org

Don't forget that since you installed from cdrom, you should already have
an entry in fstab for /cdrom.  So all you should have to do is mount /cdrom
and you should have no problem.

MeatHead
Electrical Engineer
Grand Rapids, MI

CDRom Mounting Problems

Post by Charles Reynold » Mon, 30 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> > Hi,

> > I've solved the problem and have mounted the cdrom.

> > The device is /dev/wcd0c. Why?

> > Can anyone give a clear explaination as to the cdrom devices in /dev and
> > what they all are for? There seem to be a lot of devices with *cd* in
> them!

> > Is there a way to have the cdrom automount (once I solve this current
> > problem) when it's put into the drive?

> > All the best,

> > Peter William Lount

> > http://www.smalltalk.org

> Don't forget that since you installed from cdrom, you should already have
> an entry in fstab for /cdrom.  So all you should have to do is mount /cdrom
> and you should have no problem.

> MeatHead
> Electrical Engineer
> Grand Rapids, MI

You can add the 'auto' to fstab in the cdrom entry. Just be aware
however, you  must have a CD in the drive when booting or you will get
put into single user mode, at least in 2.2.x FBSD. I haven't tried this
yet in 3.2.
Charlie

--
UNIX is never having to say:
"Reboot the system and see if you still have the problem."

1. Solaris2.7 cdrom mount problem!!

Hello!

mounted cdrom on Solaris2.7, then file named DOS mode (8 digit . 3 digit) .

I want to correct it!

So, I think that mount Option must be changed except hsfs.

if it is good,
    tell me the Option,
else
    tell me another method please!

Thank you!

2. XConfig File for MicroScan 3E ADI Monitor..

3. Cdrom Mount Problem...

4. Cannot disable FTP

5. CDROM mounting problems

6. Linux emulation

7. CDROM mount problems (Solaris 2.5.1)

8. Dual Pentium II boards - Supermicro P6DLE ?

9. cdrom mount problem

10. CDROM mount problem

11. Panasonic Cdrom Mount Problem...

12. cdrom mounting problem in Caldera 2.2

13. Strange CDROM mounting problem