CD-ROM mount failure: invalid argument

Post by JB » Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:25:32

Lowell Gilbert,

Thank you for kind enough advice. I've solved this problem
by recognizing that FreeBSD does not require Audio CD to be
mounted. Solution was just to insert Audio CD into CD-ROM drive
and load it with appropriate application i.e. xmms.

Thank you again for your advice. Your attitude will be helpful
for beginners like me :-)

> comp.unix.bsd.freebsd is not widely propagated, so you won't
> necessarily get much help here (in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd).
> See http://www.freebsd.org/support.html for better ideas...
> [followups redirected accordingly]

>>I've tried:

>>% mount /cdrom
>>cd9660: /dev/acd0c: incorrect super block

> That sounds like a problem with the disk in the drive.
> Make sure it's an ISO 9660.

>>% cd /dev && rm acd* && cp /usr/src/etc/MAKEDEV ./

> The sources match the kernel installed, right?  If you have newer
> sources than your installed system, the devices may not match
> correctly.  I don't think anything has changed relative to acd, but I
> could be forgetting something.

>>% ./MAKEDEV acd

> You mean acd0, right?

>>% chmod 666 acd0c
>>% mount /cdrom
>>cd9660: /dev/acd0c: invalid argument

>>I have no idea how to mount CD-ROM onto my system.
>>With previous version of FreeBSD, there was no problem
>>occured when I tried to mount CD-ROM. FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE
>>is currently installed on my system.

> use "sh MAKEDEV all" and everything else will be built as well).  Then
> try mounting with an explicit command (so that you're not dependent on
> your fstab file, which you didn't show us):
>  "mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom"

1. CD-ROM mount failure: invalid argument

Dear All,

I've tried:

% mount /cdrom
cd9660: /dev/acd0c: incorrect super block
% cd /dev && rm acd* && cp /usr/src/etc/MAKEDEV ./
% ./MAKEDEV acd
% chmod 666 acd0c
% mount /cdrom
cd9660: /dev/acd0c: invalid argument

I have no idea how to mount CD-ROM onto my system.
With previous version of FreeBSD, there was no problem
occured when I tried to mount CD-ROM. FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE
is currently installed on my system.

If there is anyone knows how to solve the problem
mentioned above, please post any advice for me.
Thanks for the care to answer my question.

2. piped logs

4. JDK update on Sparc

5. PAS 16 CD-ROM and Slakware96, mounting CD-ROM crashes system

6. cpu temparature

7. Mount CD-ROM over network and report as CD-ROM

8. PPP Server is working - ALMOST

9. Mounting CD ROM vs. Mounting CD ROM

10. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

11. %%%%%Failure to Config & Mount CD-ROM CR-562-J produced by Panasonic%%%%%

12. On install (Red Hat 5.0) "mount failed: invalid argument" with a Funai E2550UA CD

13. Linux IPv6 bind failure with Invalid Argument.