QIC 2 Tape causing reboot

Post by Wayne Hemin » Thu, 07 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Can nayone help me, I have a QIC 02 wangtek tape drive, and sometimes, 3
out of 4 times, when I tar files to the tape the machine just reboots.

What can I do about this, or how can I find out what is causing it.

Wayne

1. QIC-24 format tapes (qic-02 and qic-36 interface)

I'm looking for any information/drivers for qic-02 controllers and the
qic-24 format tapes.  I've been able to get the driver under Linux
(1.2.13) compiled, but without a formated tape to test it, I can't
verify if I got everything working or not.

Problem: I've no dos software to format a DC-600A tape in the drive.
Failing a driver for dos so I format the tapes, I would like the
information on the qic-24 format for the DC-600A tapes so I could
write a format utility for Linux.  Any help would be appreciated.
(a linux format utility would be nice also/instead)

2. ANNOUNCE: printed copies of the Apache Quick Reference Card now available

3. QIC-11, QIC-24 and dump(8) tape length

4. Bunch of unrecognized shared libraries...

5. QIC-36 tape drive with an Emulex QIC-36-> SCSI board

6. lock_kernel() usage and sync_*() functions

8. sample MySQL foreign language DBs

9. wanted information on QIC-40/QIC-80 tape drives.

10. Need Help w/ using SCSI QIC drive to read tapes from floppy QIC

11. Tape marks and end-of-data on QIC tapes

12. Connor Tape.stor 1700 tape drive QIC-3020

13. QIC-02 tape controller/tape problems