FreeBSD Box almost back up and running

Post by Totally Jayynes » Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:51:08

Well, think I almost have my box rebuilt and ready to go back online.

Had a snag with Apache not wanting to launch for some reason this
time.  Thanx for the hints on that one.  I didn't have to make any
entries in my hosts file last time, but this time I did for some
reason.  Will have to remember to change my hosts file to reflect the
change when I move this box from an internal to an external IP.

Per,  Thanks for the example with sed and suggesting I use find
instead of locate.  With some flags I was able to get find to display
only the songs and their paths, not the emply paths as well.

locate /ftp/music | grep mp3 | \
   sed -e 's;/ftp/music;http://12.159.64.5;' -e 's/ /%20/g' >
allsongs.m3u

I was able to take that and with a few modifications get it to pull
the information out of a prebuilt file and then put the rebuilt info
into a new file.  VERY handy.  Just have to learn how to script in
unix (next project) so that I can do the above command by just running
updsongs or something like that.

Totally Jayyness

Post by Per Hedela » Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:13:41

>Had a snag with Apache not wanting to launch for some reason this
>time.  Thanx for the hints on that one.  I didn't have to make any
>entries in my hosts file last time, but this time I did for some
>reason.  Will have to remember to change my hosts file to reflect the
>change when I move this box from an internal to an external IP.

Well, if your host name is in DNS and your box is set up to use DNS, you
won't need the name in /etc/hosts.

Quote:>locate /ftp/music | grep mp3 | \
>   sed -e 's;/ftp/music;http://12.159.64.5;' -e 's/ /%20/g' >
>allsongs.m3u

>I was able to take that and with a few modifications get it to pull
>the information out of a prebuilt file and then put the rebuilt info
>into a new file.  VERY handy.  Just have to learn how to script in
>unix (next project) so that I can do the above command by just running
>updsongs or something like that.

Put it in a file, preceded by a line with just '#!/bin/sh' (no quotes,
must be the very first line), chmod +x the file, and you're done.:-)

--Per Hedeland

1. APC back ups on a linux box

hi there,

I need some help with my back-ups from APC. I tried to get a connection
between the ups and a Linux box, unfortunately without success. I downloaded
powerchute from the apc homepage and installed it but powerchute doesn't
detect the back-ups during the installation process...instead it says 'port
must be configured for modem control in order to work with a simple
signaling ups'.
So could anyone help me an give a hint how to configure my serial port for
modem control....or any other hint on how to bring up a connection....?

thanks in advance!

Oliver

2. highmem, aic7xxx, and vfat: too few segs for dma mapping

3. Back-UPS out of the box?

4. Fwd: Intel Secrets Web Site forced to quit some web site activity...

5. Help, linux box and Back-ups pro 650

6. Capturing unusual scancodes for keyboard volume control

7. Running genpowerd w/APC Back-UPS 600

8. make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test_dynamic'

9. APC USB ups, Back-UPS ES series, 2.5.68

10. UPS Woes (APC Back-UPS Pro)

11. APC Back-UPS 400, updated howto for UPS?

12. Backing up AIX box to NT box using BW-NFS?

13. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!