Well, think I almost have my box rebuilt and ready to go back online.
Had a snag with Apache not wanting to launch for some reason this
time. Thanx for the hints on that one. I didn't have to make any
entries in my hosts file last time, but this time I did for some
reason. Will have to remember to change my hosts file to reflect the
change when I move this box from an internal to an external IP.
Per, Thanks for the example with sed and suggesting I use find
instead of locate. With some flags I was able to get find to display
only the songs and their paths, not the emply paths as well.
locate /ftp/music | grep mp3 | \
sed -e 's;/ftp/music;http://22.214.171.124;' -e 's/ /%20/g' >
I was able to take that and with a few modifications get it to pull
the information out of a prebuilt file and then put the rebuilt info
into a new file. VERY handy. Just have to learn how to script in
unix (next project) so that I can do the above command by just running
updsongs or something like that.