USB Smartmedia card reader

Post by Dave Good » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 23:33:46

Has anyone managed to get one of those little USB smartmedia card readers
configured and working in FreeBSD? If so, I'd like to know how while I've
still got some hair left on my head!

Cheers,

Dave
--
Dave Goode
davegoode.net network services

USB Smartmedia card reader

Post by Jason Dento » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:47:34

Two years ago I set out to get a usb flash card reader connected. The
experince taught me that despite the fact that many of these things
claim to be standard USB mass storage devices, they aren't.

But, in the last two years many new manufactures have released such
devices. And I believe that support for them has come a long way,
although I haven't tried in the last six months. In order to make these
things work, I think you need a standard conformant device, and one that
is specifically support by FreeBSD. There appears to be a list of them
buried in a header file somewhere in the source, I forget where. If you
have one of the devices listed there, I would expect that it would work.
But don't quote me.

Jason

USB Smartmedia card reader

Post by Dave Good » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 21:16:22

> Two years ago I set out to get a usb flash card reader connected. The
> experince taught me that despite the fact that many of these things
> claim to be standard USB mass storage devices, they aren't.

Mine's quite old and has steadfastly resisted all efforts to make it
work. I suppose it's time for a new one :-(

Dave
--
Dave Goode
davegoode.net network services
http://www.davegoode.net/
[OpenPGP key: 0x84B65C3E]

1. USB SmartMedia Card Reader

Thanks to Ted U's encouragement I have persevered on OpenBSD (thank
you).

I still can't access my digital camera on the serial port so am
thinking of getting a USB SmartMedia card reader.

Questions:

- Does anyone know of a reader that _definitely_ works with the
official OpenBSD 3.1 release?

- Are any extra packages required?

- Is any configuration (other than "mount") required?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

2. hello

3. unable to mount usb smartmedia card reader

4. iBCS and WinNT API

5. Uno SmartMedia USB card reader: plugged in but SCSI device does not appear.

6. Reading a modem register when pppd exits

7. USB smartmedia readers

8. 2.0 Kernel compile problems

9. Zio USB Smartmedia reader and Archos 20gig jukebox

10. USB Smartmedia Reader (Flashlink by SimpleTechnology) on Kernel 2.1.18 ?????

11. driver for usb smartmedia readers olympus MAUSB-2

12. How to Unmount and Remove UNO SmartMedia card reader

13. SmartMedia card reader