1. switching console from ttya to monitor/mouse -- ttymon dying
I just added an SBUS framebuffer card, and monitor/keyboard/mouse, to
an Ultra 1/170E server running Solaris 2.5.1 which has spent its life
so far with just a dumb terminal on ttya as a console. After 'boot -r'
(twice), I still have a problem where after exiting openwin, ttymon
does not restart on the console. Trying manually yields:
# /usr/lib/saf/ttymon -g -h -p "`uname -n` console login: " \
-T sun -d /dev/console -l console -m ldterm,ttcompat
push (ldterm) on /dev/console failed, errno = 6
There is only a plain /usr/lib/saf/ttymon process running with no command-
line args, both before and after that attempt to do init's job manually.
ttya is currently disabled and connected to an APC UPS, while ttyb has a
The /dev links and /devices stuff looks ok, but at boot time /var/adm/messages
mentions keyboard, mouse, and stdin:
which my other systems don't. It also lists the cgsix:
Jul 14 11:23:07 unix: cgsix0 at sbus0: SBus0 slot 0x0 offset 0x0 SBus level 5 sparc9 ipl 9
Jul 14 11:23:07 unix: cgsix0: screen 1152x900, single buffered, 1M mappable, rev 11
I've check the FAQ, man pages, answerbook, etc. and examined various /etc
config files in comparison with other similar systems here, but am stuck.
A workaround will be for me to just stay logged in to the console with
openwin forever, which would only be a few hours less per day that I do
now in person...:-)
Dr. Rick Perry, ECE Department, Villanova University, Villanova, PA 19085
610-519-4969, fax: 610-519-4436, hm: 610-259-8734
3. Is there a fix for problem w vi sessions not dying when parent dies?
4. ATI RAGE XL video card on Dell
5. Is there a fix for sessions not dying when parent dies?
6. Redhat 5.2 Text Editor, Where is it??
7. Switch between tty session and X-window session
8. Question about /var/spool/rwho/whod.* file format
9. view a tty console session from a telnet session.
10. switching from vga console to svga console
11. PC-NFS, printing, bannerpage. die.die.die
12. Zombie die die die
13. /ethan die,die,die