HELP NETSCAPE

Post by Marc de Kam » Wed, 24 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I am installing LINUX on a COMPAQ deskpro 4000 and it works, sort of.
I have an Ether WORKS ISA PnP card, also known as DE305 and my RedHat
4.1 installation procedure chokes on it. Is there anything that can
be done about that ?
Thanks,
    Marc

HELP NETSCAPE

Post by Cameron Burle » Wed, 24 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Personally, when I installed my longshine ISA PnP card, I went through the
same troubles. What I did to succesfully configure the card was to use the
dos drivers provided with the card (or download them off the internet) to
configure the card (this is the only way to change irq, base i/o
settings.) Set the card up to an IRQ that dosen't conflict, test it with
the software to be sure, write down these settings. You could possibly
test the card in Win95, but don't change any settings in Win95. Once in
Redhat, don't autoprobe, specify options instead, choose your IRQ level
and base i/o, and it should be fine, apart from a few exceptions which
might get in the way. However, it worked for me and it will keep working
as long as I don't use Win95 or the software with my card to change the
IRQ settings. Next time I buy a network card i'll reconsider the PnP -
jumperless just isn't right...

Cameron Burley
Bachelor-Of-Computing
Monash University Caulfield Campus, Melbourne
--WWW: http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~cbur2
       http://nellads.cc.monash.edu.au/~cbur2

Work: +61 017159642 Home: 98532312 Fax: 98528158

=Hi,
=I am installing LINUX on a COMPAQ deskpro 4000 and it works, sort of.
=I have an Ether WORKS ISA PnP card, also known as DE305 and my RedHat
=4.1 installation procedure chokes on it. Is there anything that can
=be done about that ?
=Thanks,
=    Marc
=
=
=
=
=

HELP NETSCAPE

Post by Chris T. Fout » Wed, 24 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> However, it worked for me and it will keep working
> as long as I don't use Win95 or the software with my card to change
> the
> IRQ settings. Next time I buy a network card i'll reconsider the PnP -

> jumperless just isn't right...

> Cameron Burley
> Bachelor-Of-Computing
> Monash University Caulfield Campus, Melbourne
> --WWW: http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~cbur2
>        http://nellads.cc.monash.edu.au/~cbur2

> Work: +61 017159642 Home: 98532312 Fax: 98528158

> =Hi,
> =I am installing LINUX on a COMPAQ deskpro 4000 and it works, sort of.

> =I have an Ether WORKS ISA PnP card, also known as DE305 and my RedHat

> =4.1 installation procedure chokes on it. Is there anything that can
> =be done about that ?
> =Thanks,
> =    Marc

My 3c509b works in BOTH Win95 and Linux. First I took note of the
address and IRQ settings in PnP mode. Then I disabled the PnP stuff
using the downloaded 3c5x9cfg.exe configuration file, then manually
added the hardware in Win95 (don't let system detect new hardware) in
plain ISA mode (no PnP), and used the address  and IRQ settings that
were used in its PnP settings. That takes care of Win95. Then when I
installed RH 4.2, it recognized my 3c509 card and configured it
accordingly.

-chris

1. Help!!!Netscape Enterprise 3.0!!!Help

Hi,

I'm slowly implementing the Enterprise Web server to replace our NCSA
one which is a bit outdated and I need to know how to get all our Server
Side includes which were server side CGI based to work with the new
server. I know that it uses Server Side Javascript, does this mean that
we have to re-write them to work??.

I'm talking about things like, last modified date, including other .htm
files

I'd appreciate anyones help

Thanks

Darren Shilson
Webmaster

2. An Absolute Newbie to the Alpha World

3. HELP: Netscape won't connect to my email server

4. I guess it's a DNS question.

5. HELP: Netscape 4.05-6 Bus Error (please read!)

6. What to get

7. HELP: Netscape and Term?!?!

8. xterm won't run with 2.4

9. Need help - Netscape/Linux to connect to Pacific Internet (Singapore)

10. HELP: Netscape preferences

11. Help: Netscape, Java, and not able to run applets.

12. PLEASE HELP: NETSCAPE 3.0b5a MAIL PROB!

13. HELP: NETSCAPE MAIL?!?